Need Farm Shelf Pattern, too

Grandpa Joe

I made this shelf about 20 years ago for my wife’s parents who were farmers.   They are now deceased, Shelf has been broken.  I can’t find the pattern. I saw this while doing a google search for farmer shelves.   Please, if anyone knows where I can still get this pattern, please let me know.    

297AB1FF-7C5C-4516-9522-C0FCB7DD796F.jpeg

3 hours ago, Grandpa Joe said:

I made this shelf about 20 years ago for my wife’s parents who were farmers.   They are now deceased, Shelf has been broken.  I can’t find the pattern. I saw this while doing a google search for farmer shelves.   Please, if anyone knows where I can still get this pattern, please let me know.    

Now that,s a shelf!!!! And almost looks as good as your daughter your standing with!!!

Screenshot_20230209-141037.png

On 2/9/2023 at 8:23 AM, Grandpa Joe said:

Joe, you must be living right. I just happen to have a book with that pattern. It is titled Scroll Saw Fretwork Patterns by Patrick Spielman & James Reidle. It was published in the late 80's. It is on pages 167-169. Maybe the shelf pattern is on 170. Let me know if I can help you further. Maybe your local library might have it. If all else fails, I can scan the pattern and send it to you. I'm not certain how copyright rules work with making copies.  Jerry

Welcome to the Village.  I see you joined yesterday. Glad you found us.

Quick search for the book on Amazon turns up a lot of used copies for sale there - many pretty cheap and some with free shipping - worth checking there too if you use Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Scroll-Fretwork-Patterns-Patrick-Spielman/dp/0806969989/ref=sr_1_2?crid=33L9N8WMKB2UR&keywords=Scroll+Saw+Fretwork+Patterns+by+Patrick+Spielman&qid=1676059681&sprefix=scroll+saw+fretwork+patterns+by+patrick+spielman%2Caps%2C123&sr=8-2

Screen Shot 2023-02-10 at 3.09.25 PM.png

Edited by meflick

1 hour ago, meflick said:

Welcome to the Village.  I see you joined yesterday. Glad you found us.

Quick search for the book on Amazon turns up a lot of used copies for sale there - many pretty cheap and some with free shipping - worth checking there too if you use Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Scroll-Fretwork-Patterns-Patrick-Spielman/dp/0806969989/ref=sr_1_2?crid=33L9N8WMKB2UR&keywords=Scroll+Saw+Fretwork+Patterns+by+Patrick+Spielman&qid=1676059681&sprefix=scroll+saw+fretwork+patterns+by+patrick+spielman%2Caps%2C123&sr=8-2

Screen Shot 2023-02-10 at 3.09.25 PM.png

Holy crap! Amazon wants 17.66 for the same book that Ebay has for 4.06.  WOW!

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2023 at 10:49 AM, jerry walters said:

Joe, you must be living right. I just happen to have a book with that pattern. It is titled Scroll Saw Fretwork Patterns by Patrick Spielman & James Reidle. It was published in the late 80's. It is on pages 167-169. Maybe the shelf pattern is on 170. Let me know if I can help you further. Maybe your local library might have it. If all else fails, I can scan the pattern and send it to you. I'm not certain how copyright rules work with making copies.  Jerry

Thanks !  I will look for the book.