Hello to all

perton

Hello all,

I'm primarily a wood carver and I've been looking for a while for a scroll saw that would give me more precision in cutting out the "rough outs" I use for carving as well as letting me cut out internal areas. I finally found a used DeWalt 788 at a heck of a good price.
I've started playing with the saw, trying to get some experience and build up some skill and I'm having a good time.
Looking at this forum as also made me aware of just how versatile a scroll saw can be. Who knew you could make bowls with a scroll saw?
Thanks for all the knowledge and tips I've already picked up and expect more questions in the future.

Welcome TO THE VILLAGE. We are always happy when someone joins our world wide family. I started my using my scroll saw to make intarsia projects. I could not believe anyone could make those beautiful projects at all. I made a simple pattern and tried to see if I had a chance to achieve a project. I had to cut my first piece on a band saw and to my wonderment I found even I could do one. That led my to buy my first scroll saw and I continued to make intarsia items for several years. I strayed away from  scrolling because I thought scrolling was cutting outlines of an animal or a heart or something like that, when I came across a heart shaped box that looked like it was woven. That caught my attention and I looked up the pattern on Steve Good's page and saw that it not only was possible but also not that difficult. I switched my interests to mainly scrolling, as I was able to cut an item in one day and I was getting tired of spending 4 or 5 days on an intarsia item. So, we sort of have something in common, I'd say.

So from Southern Arizona, I  want to add that I hope you respond to other's posts and log on often so all of us can get to know you better

Dick

heppnerguy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...