My latest commission piece complete.

Dave Monk

12 hours ago, barb.j.enders said:

I hate to rain on the parade but there is another spelling error.  It should be "Difference"  not Differance.  

I like option A for the name fix.

OMG. I cant believe it. I used what my client gave me and didn't catch it. I showed him a picture of the finished project and he told me he had give me the wrong name but everything else looked great. 

34 minutes ago, Scrappile said:

Hummm,  I still like you Barb...  that is bad news... for sure.  Dave, maybe there is a way you could redo the text in some of you wonderful intarsia but scrolling it in a light piece of wood made to look like a scroll, something like the attached below. Just a thought.

pi5rB7AKT.jpeg

All I can say is crap.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2023 at 1:26 PM, barb.j.enders said:

@Dave Monk I was thinking about you this morning and wondering how this story ended???

Sorry, just saw your question. tI is sitting patiently on a shelf. My last show of the season is December 2. Preparation for my shows have been keeping my busy. I also have to get some more blue pine so I can redo it. Hopefully by the middle of December I will have it done. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/13/2023 at 1:26 PM, barb.j.enders said:

@Dave Monk I was thinking about you this morning and wondering how this story ended???

I took the picture out of the frame and cut off all of the wording. Rescrolled the message on a new piece of wood and glued it on. No one but us will ever know about my screw up. So happy it's done. 

American Airlines.jpg

Edited by Dave Monk
added picture

11 minutes ago, Scrappile said:

I know Nothing!  What TV show was that from all you senior people.  

Hogan’s Heroes- Sgt Schultz (and I’m not that “senior” yet 🤔🤫 but watched plenty of reruns 😉)

Glad you were able to “fix” your project Dave. 

Edited by meflick
Typo

6 minutes ago, meflick said:

Hogan’s Heroes- Sgt Schultz (and I’m not that “senior” yet 🤔🤫 but watched plenty of reruns 😉)

Glad you were able to “fix” your project Dave. 

Humm. I looked at your profile, Melanie, You give month/day of birth.. not year,,, I find that suspicious,  You sure you did not watch the original episodes?🤔

2 minutes ago, Scrappile said:

Humm. I looked at your profile, Melanie, You give month/day of birth.. not year,,, I find that suspicious,  You sure you did not watch the original episodes?🤔

A woman never tells her age Paul, you know that. 🙂 Especially on a public forum. 😏🤫

Really depends on what you call a “Senior”  😉- what I find says it originally aired from Sept. 1965 to April, 1971.  So I could have watched some of the original episodes towards the end of that original run (and may have as my dad may have watched 🤔🤷🏻‍♀️.) I would have been a toddler when it first aired and under 10 when it last aired. I do recall watching many reruns over the years though including some recently. 🙂

13 minutes ago, meflick said:

A woman never tells her age Paul, you know that. 🙂 Especially on a public forum. 😏🤫

Really depends on what you call a “Senior”  😉- what I find says it originally aired from Sept. 1965 to April, 1971.  So I could have watched some of the original episodes towards the end of that original run (and may have as my dad may have watched 🤔🤷🏻‍♀️.) I would have been a toddler when it first aired and under 10 when it last aired. I do recall watching many reruns over the years though including some recently. 🙂

Well I am just a tad older than you.  Less than two months I will be 80.  Now that is getting pretty well seasoned.  In April '65 I was on a in Okinawa, getting ready to hit the beaches in VN.  But you know lots of senior discounts start a 55.  I have a son around your age that is retired after 22 years Navy working on his second career flying air bus for Fedex,  so he hates to admit it also but shortly he can get senior discounts at McDonalds.  I can remember the day he at 12 and I were talking he said Dad,  I want to be a Jet Pilot when I grow up, and that is exactly what he did.  He never weavered from that goal.  Started in F-14 Tomcats, went to F-18 SuperHornets.. do I sound like a proud father.  I enjoyed his career almost as much as he did.