Finished another

Scrappile

30 minutes ago, rjweb said:

Paul, how thick of wood did you use, and is it baltic birch, sorry forgot to ask earlier, thinking of making a few for a couple of vetearn friends of mine,    RJ

The "rope" ring and the middle emblem piece is 1/4" BB, the stained area where the script is is 1/8".   I use the waste from cutting the rope as the backer because it is thick enough to put my id disk on and the hanger.  this picture does not show the hanger but I use a sawtooth hanger.  Do it.  I have been scrolling a long time and there military emblems are the absolute most rewarding project I have done.  I have been so thanked to the point of tears from some.  It means a lot.  It is so worth the effort.  My dental Hygienist mentioned to me the first visit that she was a Marine.  I made one and just left it at her office.  I got a phone call from her and she was crying with thanks.  Now I go get my teeth cleaned, I get the cleaning and a hug!  I still get a bill but with the hug it is not as painful..

marine emblem back.jpg

Edited by Scrappile