Jeep Wrangler

munzieb

AWESOME-NESS!  I was raised on a WWII war surplus jeep my Dad purchased for like $600.  What I learned to drive in at 10 years old.   It was our hunting rig, tractor and Dad's to and from work driver.  And became a pretty good pick'em up, short race drag car in my freshman year of high school.  I rolled my car.  Dad said I could use the jeep.  He had put a V-8 in it a few years before.. I cleaned it up. My brother painted it for me when he was in Auto shop a nice metallic gray.  His girlfriend's mom re-did he seats for me in a nice red Naugahyde.  I could beat any other friend's car through a stoplight.  And got flagged down many time by girls wanting a ride. It was great time.  Not real good for parking.. no back seat... front seats were pretty far apart.  We had it until after I went into the service.  Then Dad sold it.. all those years of fun with it and sold for $1600 with many miles on it.  Later in life I bought a '68 CJ-7 Had it many years.. wish I had not sold it.  Many times hunting Jack rabbits, friend sitting on the front fender and on top with .22s driving out across the sagebrush shooting the many many jack rabbits there was back then... No SIR!  I would not change my life for any the modern day youth has.. they can have all their fancy things computer games, etc.  I would not trade them for a minute.  I loved my life as a kid living out in the country..  Hunting, fishing, free to do most anything outside of the city limits. Floating down the river on homemade rafts, going hunting with .22s any time.  I do not think kids today really know what freedom is. I feel so sorry for them.

The jeep got me excited and carried away. I shut-up now.

Edited by Scrappile

9 hours ago, Scrappile said:

AWESOME-NESS!  I was raised on a WWII war surplus jeep my Dad purchased for like $600.  What I learned to drive in at 10 years old.   It was our hunting rig, tractor and Dad's to and from work driver.  And became a pretty good pick'em up, short race drag car in my freshman year of high school.  I rolled my car.  Dad said I could use the jeep.  He had put a V-8 in it a few years before.. I cleaned it up. My brother painted it for me when he was in Auto shop a nice metallic gray.  His girlfriend's mom re-did he seats for me in a nice red Naugahyde.  I could beat any other friend's car through a stoplight.  And got flagged down many time by girls wanting a ride. It was great time.  Not real good for parking.. no back seat... front seats were pretty far apart.  We had it until after I went into the service.  Then Dad sold it.. all those years of fun with it and sold for $1600 with many miles on it.  Later in life I bought a '68 CJ-7 Had it many years.. wish I had not sold it.  Many times hunting Jack rabbits, friend sitting on the front fender and on top with .22s driving out across the sagebrush shooting the many many jack rabbits there was back then... No SIR!  I would not change my life for any the modern day youth has.. they can have all their fancy things computer games, etc.  I would not trade them for a minute.  I loved my life as a kid living out in the country..  Hunting, fishing, free to do most anything outside of the city limits. Floating down the river on homemade rafts, going hunting with .22s any time.  I do not think kids today really know what freedom is. I feel so sorry for them.

The jeep got me excited and carried away. I shut-up now.

Paul, that is a pretty impressive back story! I'll call you the next time I need a fill in copy for one of my projects. That was quite a story.

Wonderful work!  I also grew up with a Willie's Jeep.  We used it on our cattle ranch as well.  I do remember many times that we had to use the handcrank to get it started on those cold winter days!