PeteM Posted September 1 Posted September 1 Hello all, I'm brand new to scrolling and figured jumping right in to the Scroll Saw Village would be a great way to learn. I am about a week or so out from the delivery of a new King 22" scroll saw. Any advice on setup and other "beginner things" would be greatly appreciated. Pete from Saratoga NY malar and Scrolling Steve 2 Quote
rjweb Posted September 2 Posted September 2 Welcome to the village there are a lot of good people here to help you when you receive your new saw. Where are you located, RJ Quote
PeteM Posted September 3 Author Posted September 3 I live in Clifton Park, New York - between Albany (to the south) and Saratoga Springs (to the north), I'm pretty impressed with my initial "lurking" around the site - seems like a very friendly and supportive community - I look forward to learning and becoming a member. Pete Quote
jerry walters Posted September 3 Posted September 3 Welcome from Colorado. You have come to the right place. This site and scrolling can become very addictive. Jerry Quote
Ber Gueda Posted September 3 Posted September 3 Hi Pete, welcome from Southern Europe. I hope you enjoy your stay with us. Quote
barb.j.enders Posted September 3 Posted September 3 Welcome from Winnipeg (MB Canada). Ask away! Quote
Wichman Posted September 3 Posted September 3 Welcome to the village from SE Idaho As for setup advise, a foot pedal and magnifier light are two first two accessories I'd recommend. I would also recommend getting a practice pattern, here, and using it just long enough to familiarize yourself with the saw. jerry walters 1 Quote
Randyw81 Posted September 4 Posted September 4 Welcome from Pennsylvania! Feel free to ask questions. Everyone is very helpful! Quote
Charlie E Posted September 6 Posted September 6 Welcome from Alabama. Scroll Saw Village is a great resource. I did a lot of watching YouTube scroll saw tutorials when I started. So many different things you can do/make with a scroll saw. Quote
Scrolling Steve Posted September 7 Posted September 7 Welcome to the Village, glad to have you aboard. Quote
PeteM Posted September 7 Author Posted September 7 Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Wichman 1 Quote
Richard Hotchkiss Posted September 8 Posted September 8 Welcome Pete, from Ashland, Virginia. Everyone here is very helpful and enjoy your new saw. Quote
wombatie Posted September 14 Posted September 14 Welcome to the Village Pete. Put your feet up and make yourself at home. Marg Quote
Denny Knappen Posted September 15 Posted September 15 Welcome to the Village forum from Tennessee. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.