Jump to content

Mike Crosa

SSV Patron
  • Posts

    400
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

Everything posted by Mike Crosa

  1. Thanks to all. Working on it Denny.
  2. Have been setting up my shed shop these last few months and finally looks like I will start scrolling, (Yea!). I was going through a box and came up with these cuttings from long ago. The three Mahi Mahi was one of my first projects. At the time I had purchased a used Hegner and cut the fish on it. It was a good saw but I a quickly grew tired of the blade set up. So I quickly sold it and purchased a Hawk. I loved this saw. But due to medical issues and a bunch of other things, I had to sell it and everything else and moved back to Miami from Ocala. I was without a saw till a few months ago when I purchased a Pegas from Denny. The two Easter cuttings were from Sue Mey and I stacked cut at the time and gave them away at Easter. Looking forward to scrolling agin.
  3. Welcome to the group. I am sure you will enjly the ride.
  4. Old topic but good information. Had not even thought about the velcro strips. Question, I was looking on Amazon and saw that the strips could be gotten in 12 or 16 pound strips. In the videos everyone seems to be using two strips per item. Seems like overkill or is the 12lb or 16 pound wrond. I would think that one 12lb strip would be more than enough. Thoughts?
  5. Agree with everyone, you did a beautiful job.
  6. Welcome to the Village from Miami, FL
  7. Agree with all said.
  8. Agree with all, a great work.
  9. Love it. Great job.
  10. Great work. Any chance to get the pattern for the guitarist?
  11. Agree with everyone. What you have created is wonderful. It packs a punch. Are you keeping this for your self? Or was it a commision?
  12. Lots of rain in Miami and in between the rain, lots and lots of Sun and heat. Right now the temp is 88 and feels like 97. the scroll saw is ready to go but it is to hot for me to be out there too long. When the sun comes out I will post pictrues of my shop. And God willing doing some scrolling.
  13. Good luck with the move. Congrats on getting yourself a 2 car garage. I went the opposite. From a 2 car garage to a shed. Eagerly awaiting the delivery of my new saw.
  14. Beautiful! I know your daughter will love it.
  15. Great cutting! Visited is site. He is quite prolific. Mike
  16. Agree and great idea of reducing the rings. Mike
  17. Welcome, from Miami, FL and waiting for my Pegas. Mike
  18. Yes nice cutting and nice framing. I hadn't heard the name of Sand Flee for quite a few years. I don't think they are in business anymore.? Mike
  19. Sycamore67, made a lot of sense regarding buying a saw. I too am at the age there is more behid me than what is before me. I had purchased a Dewalt Scroll Saw and stand. Unfortunately when I assembled the stand I realized that the scroll saw would be too high for where I would be using it. So I built a wooden stand and was ready to start scrolling. I plugged it in and NOTHING. Deader than a door nail. Now I know from reading a lot here and elsewhere that it could be a loose connection in the head. But I started to think about the quality control. If this a simple check at the factory was not done what else could there be. I decided to return it. It was picked up a few days ago and I contacted Denny. Hopefuly I will be receiving my saw the first days of June. Looking forward to scrolling.
  20. Agree! Wonderful capture.
  21. Something I would like to try someday. I was thinking instead of large leds I would look at something called Bright Lights. This is a Coppery decorative wire with small LEDS. You can do a search on Amazon for "Bright lights 6' starry"
  22. Agree! Great cutting.
  23. WOW! Great work, lets hope it keeps raining and you can keep producing!
  24. Beautiful work! I was wondering what type of wood you would be using for the other set of pieces? Or will you be staining them a lighter color? Mike
×
×
  • Create New...