Halloween Challenge

Travis

Well I may as well throw one in as well I suppose cut the picture then made some spiders from the scraps. The spiders I will use to put on her indoors pillow at some point so they are multi purpose :) Pattern by Grampa  

Halloween Man Spiders.JPG

Edited by blights69

7 hours ago, Chunkthekid said:

I am supposed to working on some intarsia pieces for Christmas but I had to get this cut for the Halloween challenge. Alex Fox pattern done on 1/2" walnut.

output.jpg

Love that!  beautiful wood and a superb cut.  Alex does some outstanding patterns.  Maybe one day I will be good enough to try one.

Rob

12 minutes ago, Rob said:

Love that!  beautiful wood and a superb cut.  Alex does some outstanding patterns.  Maybe one day I will be good enough to try one.

Rob

Just do it, Rob.  One hole at a time.  You can, it will surprise you, only a little more difficult than ones not so detailed, and they take a little longer. 

How correct is Scrappile. When I was at his house and saw the beautifully done items that he had cut, I had to go home and challenge myself to up my level of cutting. So I did. I went home and took out a spiral and worked with it more and soon found that I could cut things that I had been shying away from. Now I feel confident that I can cut almost any pattern and even find myself looking for things that are more challenging. One hole at a time... correct analysis. Thanks Paul for being so good at what you do and for becoming a good friend to me.

Dick

heppnerguy

On 10/14/2017 at 8:01 AM, blights69 said:

Well I may as well throw one in as well I suppose cut the picture then made some spiders from the scraps. The spiders I will use to put on her indoors pillow at some point so they are multi purpose :) Pattern by Grampa  

Halloween Man Spiders.JPG

The fact that it is a really scary scroll piece but the thought about adding the spiders around the frame sure makes it additionally great.  I really like your entry.

Dick

heppnerguy