My new Command & Control Center

jerry1939

That's quite a control center! That should work for you nicely.

I wouldn't apply the poly on your table though. It won't hold up to the constant contact with moving wood. If you want something more permanent, try Formica or something like that. But what I would recommend is waxing periodically.

I built a stand for my new Delta. My normal sitting position is with the legs outstretched. Made a foot switch. 1 photo shows a rocker type household light switch, mounted at the angle of the bottom of my feet. Also the mountings for 2 hinges. The hinges line up with the center of the switch.

Another photo is from the back of the stand, with the treadle on. 4 screws on the bottom of the board. Two wood screws activate the switch. Two lag screws limit the travel, in both directions. This is to prevent wrecking the switch. All 4 screws could be adjusted to change the angle of the treadle, but through dumb luck, they were right the first time. The carpet on the near side goes down to the floor, to keep sawdust out of the switch.

The picture of the whole thing: The treadle is wide enough to operate with 1,2 or all 3 of my feet. Heater at the very top. an "arm" off to the right with an upright attached. The saw is 20" and the upright is 21" away from the blade. I have been reading about your posts about blades occasionally slipping out of a clamp. Someone said that they sand the ends of a new blade to roughen it up. On the upright is a stick with sandpaper put on with spray adhesive. 4 usable sides. It can be switched upside down, and/or flipped over. What looks like a screwdriver handle above the Kleenex is actually an awl for marking holes to be drilled.

Just played with it a little late today. I was as contented as a sparrow with a fresh horse dropping!!

Haven't yet, but instead of waxing the table, I will sand it and give it 2 coats of spray on clear enamel. Time will tell if that works or is a dumb idea.

No drink holder because of the sawdust.

jerry

Hot dog Jerry ,Dual lights is all i can see maybe needed,and the radio for talk shows or what ever.That's the best foot switch ever!You know how to rough it scrolling.I can't wait to see the Cadillac seat your going to have a sit in! Multi fans with filters around you The wife won't even bother you to blow off or take your shoes off when the dinner bell rings.I've got a project itching at me to do.Old hudson  made a flip over table saw planer I'm dieing for. i need room badly.Your ready to rumble now!Nice set up!

Nice set up but I got to be the dumb one to ask. What is the box of tissue paper for .

Karl ,that's a good idea as i wipe clean my patterns after removal when i finish cutting the at the saw.I try to  do all steps and procedures right at the saw .getting up's not easy for me.I have 1 gallon of mixed thinners and a hose hanging off the saw to spray the finished cuttings to get the pattern off.

Karl ,that's a good idea as i wipe clean my patterns after removal when i finish cutting the at the saw.I try to do all steps and procedures right at the saw .getting up's not easy for me.I have 1 gallon of mixed thinners and a hose hanging off the saw to spray the finished cuttings to get the pattern off.

okay I did not know that thanks. I only use a air compressor after sawing or sanding or excess mineral spirits.

Hi All,  Thanks for the Nice Comments.

Re:  What magnifier.  http://www.walmart.com/ip/14931343?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227000549516&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40845425072&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78658324232&veh=sem

Here is the sad part.  Years ago I had a detached retina.  Ended up with double vision.  It is corrected with a prism in each eyeglass lens.  HOWEVER, I cannot use the magnifier, because I get double vision at that distance.  For scrolling I wear a Bausch & Lomb magnifier.  That works OK.  The magnifier shown in the photo was a Christmas gift.  Sadly, it turned out to be "just" a high priced light.

Re:  The tissue box.  I normally need to blow my nose more often then most people.  Had it long before I started playing with any type of saw.

Re:  Drink holder.  I keep a large water bottle in the fridge overnight.  Set it by the chair, against the wall when "playing" in the garage.  There is a fair amount of condensation with that

jerry

I built a stand for my new Delta. My normal sitting position is with the legs outstretched. Made a foot switch. 1 photo shows a rocker type household light switch, mounted at the angle of the bottom of my feet. Also the mountings for 2 hinges. The hinges line up with the center of the switch.

Another photo is from the back of the stand, with the treadle on. 4 screws on the bottom of the board. Two wood screws activate the switch. Two lag screws limit the travel, in both directions. This is to prevent wrecking the switch. All 4 screws could be adjusted to change the angle of the treadle, but through dumb luck, they were right the first time. The carpet on the near side goes down to the floor, to keep sawdust out of the switch.

The picture of the whole thing: The treadle is wide enough to operate with 1,2 or all 3 of my feet. Heater at the very top. an "arm" off to the right with an upright attached. The saw is 20" and the upright is 21" away from the blade. I have been reading about your posts about blades occasionally slipping out of a clamp. Someone said that they sand the ends of a new blade to roughen it up. On the upright is a stick with sandpaper put on with spray adhesive. 4 usable sides. It can be switched upside down, and/or flipped over. What looks like a screwdriver handle above the Kleenex is actually an awl for marking holes to be drilled.

Just played with it a little late today. I was as contented as a sparrow with a fresh horse dropping!!

Haven't yet, but instead of waxing the table, I will sand it and give it 2 coats of spray on clear enamel. Time will tell if that works or is a dumb idea.

No drink holder because of the sawdust.

jerry

You could use a car mug  which would keep your beverage of choice free from sawdust  You would have to wipe off the top of the cup from time-to-time.

• 3 months later...