$20 and a beer

JimErn

Takes me back.  That was my first saw.  Bought it like new in a pawn shop of $90 and cut a bunch of Pinewood Derby cars on it and taught myself a lot about cutting. Kept throwing parts at it as they wore until I could not get a blower for it and then disassembled the thing--gave some parts to the high school for their 2-speed model and I still have the motor in the shed.  Was going to make a sander out of it, but haven't gotten around to it.

So, if you need a 117VAC motor--it's yours for the shipping cost.

Takes me back.  That was my first saw.  Bought it like new in a pawn shop of $90 and cut a bunch of Pinewood Derby cars on it and taught myself a lot about cutting. Kept throwing parts at it as they wore until I could not get a blower for it and then disassembled the thing--gave some parts to the high school for their 2-speed model and I still have the motor in the shed.  Was going to make a sander out of it, but haven't gotten around to it.

So, if you need a 117VAC motor--it's yours for the shipping cost.

Thanks Jim, I'll keep it in mind.  If you go on a spring cleaning craze and start tossing stuff, let me know first.

Russ, ROFL, I alternate between Coors and Coors Light so both are in stock usually.  Long Necks of course.  Mom bought a new refrigerator back in '61 when we came back from being stationed overseas, it still works and is now the refreshment refrigerator out in the garage.

Turns out my buddy is buying storage units, he got one for $100 and the scroll saw was in it.

I had a Delta that was close to that model. Never did any real scrolling with it. I think I just used it to trim tricky pieces when I put in the engineered hardwood floor in the kitchen. I was able to sell it for $65 (plus a magnifying light and a foot switch).

post-31100-0-42077700-1489490672_thumb.jpgpost-31100-0-51176700-1489490737_thumb.jpg

Apologies for the upside down serial number. It's a model SS200, Type 1.

Edited by stevan