Reaper

GPscroller

2 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Holy cow!   That Reaper looks more fragile than the viking!  That is some awesome cutting!  An congrats to your wife, she did an great job painting the Viking Warrior.  When you said she was going to paint it, I had reservations, but I really like it.

You got that right Paul, very fragile.  Grab anywhere but at her waist and something will let go.  I had reservations also about the Viking Warrior being painted, but did turn out well.  Still like the oiled version better, but just my taste.  Sometimes painting makes the project pop, not always, but sometimes.  She is busily painting the Reaper now, will post when she gets it done.

Jeff

Edited by GPscroller

20 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Holy cow!   That Reaper looks more fragile than the viking!  That is some awesome cutting!  An congrats to your wife, she did an great job painting the Viking Warrior.  When you said she was going to paint it, I had reservations, but I really like it.

18 hours ago, Rob said:

Incredible pieces and the Viking is beautifully painted.  It really works.

Very well done,

Rob

11 hours ago, wombatie said:

Wow it is sooooooooooo fragile, whatever you do for backing I would do it soon before it is no more.  :cry:  I absolutely love the way your wife painted the Viking she did a brilliant job.  Great work guys.

Marg

7 hours ago, blights69 said:

Wow Jeff what a great couple of pieces love them both get that reaper in a frame or a backer on it pronto way too fragile and nice to risk anything else Thanks for showing us great paint job by the wife to really makes it pop out what a great combo you two make .

Thanks all and here is the reaper painted.  

Jeff

IMG_3109.JPG

12 hours ago, Lucky2 said:

Jeff, if this outstanding cutting was mine to frame, I'd frame it with a 1/8"-3/16" washer border. Framed that way, all of the attention is paid to the main subject. Personally, I think if it was fully framed, that there would be just to much black.

Len

Thanks Len, I was leaning towards the small backer running around edge of project for the oiled Reaper.  Is that what you mean a washer border?  Might try Jan's painted one in a shadow box frame to see how it looks.  Thanks for the input, much appreciated.  And Happy Thanksgiving eh:lol:

Jeff

Edited by GPscroller

10 hours ago, GPscroller said:

Thanks Len, I was leaning towards the small backer running around edge of project for the oiled Reaper.  Is that what you mean a washer border?  Might try Jan's painted one in a shadow box frame to see how it looks.  Thanks for the input, much appreciated.  And Happy Thanksgiving eh:lol:

Jeff

Jeff, I think we're both thinking of the same thing, but we're wording it differently. I'll explain what I mean, take a small metal washer that has about a 1/8-3/16" from the outer edge to the edge of the hole. Then place the cutting on what you intend to use for a backer, and place the pencil in the washer and trace around the outside of the cutting. That's all there is to it, it's very easy to do. I own a selection of washers with different distances, between the outer edge and the inner edge you hold the pencil against. The different sizes, work nice for different sized items.

Len

3 hours ago, Lucky2 said:

Jeff, I think we're both thinking of the same thing, but we're wording it differently. I'll explain what I mean, take a small metal washer that has about a 1/8-3/16" from the outer edge to the edge of the hole. Then place the cutting on what you intend to use for a backer, and place the pencil in the washer and trace around the outside of the cutting. That's all there is to it, it's very easy to do. I own a selection of washers with different distances, between the outer edge and the inner edge you hold the pencil against. The different sizes, work nice for different sized items.

Len

Yes we are thinking the same.  Will test it tomorrow.  Thanks Len.

Jeff