Our Vets.

lawson56

This year I am asking people to consider not watching NFL games this weekend.  African-Americans certainly have a good point. Often treated unfairly, and have a legal right to protest.

However, a football field is not the time or place for that.  If you disrespect our flag & anthem, you might as well spit in the face of a person who is or has fought for your right of Freedom of Speech.  Also, go up to the grieving members of a fallen soldier and slap them in the face as long as you are at it.

jerry, Army volunteer 1959-1961 (1 year north of the Artic Circle)

Yes, Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country..

I've never supported the sports so not watching will be a normal day for me :)  and the News Media.. is going to start getting that same attention from me.. The way the news people have to get ranking on stories sometimes make me wonder if they don't have their hands in a lot of the stuff they report.. Sort of like paying off a hit man to do something at a certain time etc so they can report first.. because they know it's going to happen, LOL... Crazy world we live in.. thankful not only for the military but the police, fire, EMT's and Nurses 

Thanks to all who served. There are countries today that execute people who show disrespect to their country. The freedom we all have is due partly, or rather mostly, to our veterans. Thanks again. 

USAF, Master Sergeant, 1986 - 2006

Edited by Dan

I will add my thanks to the fellow Veterans and thank you one and all who served and fought so I have the rights that are so important to our democracy. I particularly take this time to give praise to God that I still have my father alive and well. I value his advise and his mentoring. At the age of 95 he still gives great advise which I take. He is able to live on his own but moved in with my niece to help her out. He is a disabled Veteran as he says a 100 percenter He came home as a Staff Sgt with a bronze star,and 2 purple hearts. On his behalf and my own you are welcome. Capt. US Army Nurse Corps. 1971-1983

I agree, thank you all that are Veterans, past , present and future.  I had the privilege and honor of serving in the United States Marine Corps... 1963 - 1966.  Viet Nam vet, 5/1965 - 2/1966, Chu Lai.  Even more proud of my son, retired Navy. 22 years. Fighter Pilot.  Started in the F-14 Tomcat, probably the most beautiful fighter jet the Navy ever had, then transitioned to the F-18/ SuperHornet, when they started decommissioning the F-14.  He served two tours in the Middle East.  I think I enjoyed his career as much as he did..  What a career he had.  What he wanted to do since he was 11 years old and he never wavered from that goal... Made my life very easy raising him..  I solute him!

image.thumb.png.5b148f0db0f7e71e8656abedb2ae7b2e.png

Edited by Scrappile

On 11/9/2017 at 4:12 AM, lawson56 said:

I wont be able to get to a comp, this weekend,I will be at my Parents house.So I wanted to take this moment to say Thank You Job Well Done to all Past and Present Vets.I Salute You All.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Bald Eagle American Flag 1.jpg

I would also like to thank and honor all the veterans and their families for their service and sacrifices  past and present on their special day. 

Edited by stoney

I am third generation, retired military, 1969-1989.  Grandfather, father and I have 77 years of service.  

My heart felt thanks go out to my mother, and my wife, who moved all over the world, often with less than 30 days notice.  They stood up when their soldier was gone for a year or more at a time, often they moved kids, pets and household goods by themselves across oceans, after I found a place to live - and that is in the days before the internet, every thing done by phone and US Mail.

They stayed home, putting on a brave face for the kids, as they watched the news of the fighting hoping, yet also dreading, that they would see  a glimpse their soldier.  And they coped with the personality changes that type of environment cause when we return, and continue to bother us the rest of our lives.

They sacrificed, I served, damn I am proud them.

I've attached two pdf's, one a souvenir from Dad, the other written by a soldier's wife stationed at the time in Germany.  One way to preserve them I guess.

unknown-soldier.pdf

army-brat.pdf