May Flowers - Scroll Saw Challenge

Travis

MayFlowers.png

Spring is in the air!  This is my favorite time of the year.  I can open the garage door to my shop and enjoy the weather.  This month's challenge is a celebration of spring!  Post your spring-themed project such as flowers, butterflies, birds, or whatever brings fond memories of this time of year.  Be sure to tell us a little something about your project too.  We enjoy the stories behind the project as much as the project itself.

I can't wait to see what you come up with!  🌷

Okay, quick question...I've seen several posts here and there where someone filled a scroll saw project with epoxy of varying colors.  Does anyone have the process for that (or a link to a site?)  My experience with epoxy has been "mix it up, blob it on, and make sure nothing else gets glued down by accident". 

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:18 PM, Sycamore67 said:

I posted this project awhile ago but it fits here.  The flower and petals are made of thin wood shavings.  The Monarch is wood with epoxy fill.

20171014_155924.thumb.jpg.cb94e10111a7c6127246bbc41cd3ea06.jpg

A lot of hard work here and it paid off with an excellent project. Thanks for sharing and God Bless! Spirithorse

• 2 weeks later...
  • Travis unpinned this topic