Lockdown Projects - Scroll Saw Challenge

Travis

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 8:21 PM, Dave Monk said:

Since four of my shows have been canceled I have spent some time doing some things that I have wanted to do in a long time but have put off.

I have a mini split heat pump in my shop for heating and cooling. It wasn't designed for a super dusty environment like my shop. It has a filter in it but not adequate.  When in use I had to blow it out every other day with my air compressor. Came up with this idea. The box hangs on a cleat for easy removal. I used foam around the bottom to seal it up.  Time will tell  how it works.

I also built this lumber rack on wheel which I desperately needed.

Your lumber rack looks to be very useful.  I built myself a built-in one many years ago but one like yours would have been more useful.

Edited by Frank Pellow

On 4/10/2020 at 10:08 AM, Montserrat said:

I made an owl, from a photo I purchased.  Now that it's hanging on my wall, I notice more and more mistakes I made. Smh at myself. 

@meflick my daughter is also sewing masks  - so far she has donated more than 100 to charitable organizations who provide food to school children and to medical personnel. 

90997465_10219780193006652_5294700476938321920_o.jpg

Only you can srr the mistakes. Nice work

On 4/4/2020 at 9:20 AM, tony coleman said:

ive started making one of these,during the lockdown,ive made a few of these over the years ,but i think i will make a change on this one,i plan on changing the frame to my next one,it take a while to make but while this covid 19 goes on i have plenty time to do it,i got left go from work 2 weeks ago ,and no signs of going back until this passes,

keep safe everyone,

main.jpg

That's beautiful Tony

39 minutes ago, spirithorse said:

Great projects!

As many of you know, my wife and I have had some really severe health problems and now problems with
the insurance company so, I haven't scrolled much.

Thanks to all those that have offered their prayers and a special thanks to two members here that I reached out
to, to cry on their shoulders. Their prayers, their concern, and just letting me vent is greatly appreciated.
Anyone that wants to take time to offer their prayers for my family would also be appreciated.

I finally decided that since Judy Gale Roberts was kind enough
to offer her Nurse Teddy Bear intarsia pattern FREE to help scrollers recognize nurses during these sad times
I accomplished three of the bears. I have two nieces that are nurses and one sister that is a nurse so, they will receive these
when I can deliver them.
This photo was taken while they are still laying on wax paper with the first coat of polyurethane on them.
God Bless! Spirithorse

Nurse-Bears-Times-3.gif

Well done

4 hours ago, spirithorse said:

Great projects!

As many of you know, my wife and I have had some really severe health problems and now problems with
the insurance company so, I haven't scrolled much.

Thanks to all those that have offered their prayers and a special thanks to two members here that I reached out
to, to cry on their shoulders. Their prayers, their concern, and just letting me vent is greatly appreciated.
Anyone that wants to take time to offer their prayers for my family would also be appreciated.

I finally decided that since Judy Gale Roberts was kind enough
to offer her Nurse Teddy Bear intarsia pattern FREE to help scrollers recognize nurses during these sad times
I accomplished three of the bears. I have two nieces that are nurses and one sister that is a nurse so, they will receive these
when I can deliver them.
This photo was taken while they are still laying on wax paper with the first coat of polyurethane on them.
God Bless! Spirithorse

Nurse-Bears-Times-3.gif

Those are so very nice! I would be most happy to add you and your wife to my prayer time.

well for me life is no different now then it  has been, agoraphobic people seldom if  ever leave there homes.  I guess I can count that as one thing if the only thing about being agoraphobic lol but since you asked for pictures of what every one is doing during this time  I figured I put up some of the projects im working on right now. im  scrolling the birds in a bird cage from steve good you will notice I changed it a little bit and put a second food dish in the middle piece im also making the mutts need love to pattern from steve  im doing two more of steves patterns the hocky stick people and the stick people band. my oldest daughter and her husband are into hocky and I believe I already told you about my memories as a child of everyone getting together in our little Livingroom playing gitars and singing so im making that too. Im going to try to take some  face pictures of my daughter and her husband and put them ito the hocky players and then im goig to go through my photo albums and get picts of me and my siblings to put into the band people s faces. of course there were like 10 kids and and at least 6 adults in our living room back then but I can't get all those people as stick people lol and of course theres the letter openers that I still have to finish. and theres a couple of pic s of my scroll saw with what I was cutting out before I came in to watch my tv shouw lo  that's the wood projects...asides from that I to am making masks to give to people. and last but not least I am crocheting a granny square sweater jackit for me!! its been years since iv seen a pattern for this!! im still looking for a granny square maxi skirt. lol  these were real popular when I was young ! lol  I guess im still a product of my youth lol … funny thing is as young people spike and I would never have gotten together... besides the fact that hes 11 years older then me and would have been a child molester when we were young I was a hippy dippy flower girl and he was part of the establishment. lol he was in ROTC and looking to go into the services and the like. but the tumer in his face left him blind in one eye so he couldn't .  I also have the 2 bull dog tooth pick holders cut out waiting for me to start carving on them and a ton of plastic bags waiting for me to turn them into plarn lol next time I ll put up a picture of the girl graduate I made that is just waiting for me to put a picture of my youngest daughters face into as she graduates collage this month. sorry theres so many pictures but you wanted to see the projects were all doing right now. lol looking forward to seeing what every body else is up to   SDC15783.thumb.JPG.300f044084fedae184ad743d2865abba.JPGSDC15784.thumb.JPG.6d45cda689412ff87397e194deeb956e.JPGSDC15785.thumb.JPG.510b51037c234e365df85b0f6c51ff18.JPGSDC15802.thumb.JPG.c0867054998643835c89582d47b5bdd3.JPGSDC15803.thumb.JPG.2a1aee8ceebc8aa892fc7167167912cc.JPGSDC15804.thumb.JPG.11bd26aa6141fea183521220315ed680.JPGSDC15805.thumb.JPG.17f62a826f411d3a70cf7644b0d9e72a.JPGSDC15806.thumb.JPG.9847508cd83969b9eec4af70468a95cf.JPGSDC15807.thumb.JPG.0300d2e19fd5e8fef3b22e5d2ed9c42f.JPGSDC15808.thumb.JPG.2e7b9c44f96d69a71c309ff4663b79b3.JPGSDC15808.thumb.JPG.2e7b9c44f96d69a71c309ff4663b79b3.JPGSDC15809.thumb.JPG.0d045dba5633d8c136f07dae79452a71.JPGSDC15810.thumb.JPG.a9d4935bff8cf3b742e7fe3494ce147e.JPGSDC15811.thumb.JPG.303cd9b6333d7dddced4074f94dfb2f6.JPGSDC15812.thumb.JPG.40351cf26b755978db0074c28b63fd0c.JPG

fred where did you get the patterns for your compound cut projects if its ok to ask... I would love to make the jesus and the nativity one. Don one of the things I inhearted from my ex was his lath...its a big full sized one...but I also got the pen planks he had and another small machine for pen making...now the only lath he had was the full sized one and im woundering since he was clearly planning to make pens....could he have done that with his big lath or would he have had to get a smaller pen making lath? or perhaps he was planning on getting some kind of attatchement for the big lath.  those pen blanks have been sitting in a box in my woodshop for over 5 years now...iv thought about trying to make pens but not sure of what all I would need to do that...if there are a lot of other things id have to by iv thought of using his pen blanks for really small compound cut projects... but I know the wood blanks are some kind of hard wood I think...woodrush I love your projects !! they came out soo good!! spirthorse I love your nurse teddybears!!! there so cute!! wood rush your our fathers prayer is fantastic!! fred love your windo project as well fred love your airplain as well!! Dman im sure your daughter and her husband will love the scrolled picture of them you made and building a chest of drawers wow!! I could never do that!!  im so glad everyone shared the projects there working on now!!! thank you everyone for shareing lol

those are so cute!!1 just an idea if your grand son loves anything Halloween... maybe you could make him a Halloween tick tack toe game.  iv made several tick tack toe games from a lot of different seans… for Halloween you could make like ghosts and bats, or witches or anything haloween . just a thought well spikes back with some food so im off lol