Lockdown Projects - Scroll Saw Challenge

Travis

9 hours ago, Dragonkort said:

I found the sight and I love all the crochet projects on the sight but how do you get to either the patterns or the place to order buy the patterns?

None are for sale. I just made the site to show our daughter, who lives on the other side of the country, what she is up to.. Marcia just does it for the fun and the challenge. Almost every new item is more interesting than the last! 

She said she gets her patterns from Etsy, filtering her search to animals & pets. Most of the good ones are from either Russia or Germany, evidently. I hope this helps.

Edited by dman

My latest....I still work in the office a day or two each week (I'm in IT, and there's folks in our office who handle documents with sensitive personal data and so can't work from home, so as long as there's people, my team has one person each day rotating in the office.  Otherwise we work from home and answer emails and remote in to users' computers to fix whatever needs fixing), which means that three or four days a week my commute home consists of wandering downstairs.  :)  Makes for more scrolling time (or honeydoos...).

20200426_181149.jpg

Lockdown projects - I like this idea!!

Actually, my year of new projects started long before the lockdown but I've managed to start/complete quite a few over the past few months.

And now, with the latest complete, another is on the table with the first couple pieces cut already.

First pic is what I've managed to complete, center & bottom is the new project and my progress so far.  The American Legion sign was/is over 60 years old and was showing its age rather plainly.  Looks pretty good now, restored to her original greatness.

all of them up to end of april.jpg

03-IMG_20200430_120803.jpg

IMG_20200505_163230a.jpg

Edited by Dave Wittich
swapped photo

1 hour ago, Fred Kile said:

Summer is coming to Arizona so I thought this would be appropriate:

Phoenix Firebird.jpg

That is beautiful Fred! Where does the pattern come from?

BTW, are you a race fan? How far away are you from the track? If they hold a championship race this year, it will be in your backyard!

domain (Dan),

I got the original pattern off the internet a few years ago and I'm sorry that I can't direct you to a web site for it. But, here is a picture of the printed template that I used, if that would be of interest.

The Phoenix Raceway is in Avondale, and is just over 14 miles from my house, which is in Goodyear. I'm not a race fan, but I do enjoy hearing well-tuned cars. There's something invigorating about hearing those engines. I heard the NASCAR Championship was to be here in January, I think. With this coronavirus though, I wouldn't place any bets on it. 

Phoenix Firebird.jpeg

• Travis unpinned this topic

A bit late, but this is a project I have been working on over the weekends during this time. This is the first project I have completed in over 30 years. I learned that I need to work on patience, scrolling requires much patience and I am glad I picked this back up again.  I learned can not feed the wood quickly or "force feed" the saw to get done faster. I should have known better  than cut the outside first! This was my first try at epoxy resin, I like the idea and may try this in some other projects that I am planning, like drink coasters. 

Comments and suggestions are definitely welcome.

Tom

Justin Finished scroll.jpg

1 hour ago, TommyT1963 said:

A bit late, but this is a project I have been working on over the weekends during this time. This is the first project I have completed in over 30 years. I learned that I need to work on patience, scrolling requires much patience and I am glad I picked this back up again.  I learned can not feed the wood quickly or "force feed" the saw to get done faster. I should have known better  than cut the outside first! This was my first try at epoxy resin, I like the idea and may try this in some other projects that I am planning, like drink coasters. 

Tom

Wow this is very cool.  😊

On 5/7/2020 at 5:19 PM, TommyT1963 said:

Tom

Nice! I like the brain -- for a grandkid in a dorm?

On 4/30/2020 at 10:16 PM, Fred Kile said:

domain (Dan),

I got the original pattern off the internet a few years ago and I'm sorry that I can't direct you to a web site for it. But, here is a picture of the printed template that I used, if that would be of interest.

The Phoenix Raceway is in Avondale, and is just over 14 miles from my house, which is in Goodyear. I'm not a race fan, but I do enjoy hearing well-tuned cars. There's something invigorating about hearing those engines. I heard the NASCAR Championship was to be here in January, I think. With this coronavirus though, I wouldn't place any bets on it. 

Phoenix Firebird.jpeg

I enjoyed hearing about your location.  I spent 4 yrs in your area from 59 to 63 while I was in the Navy at the base that has since closed.  Lived in Avondale for a while when I got married.  Was back through there in 88 and a great deal of change.

frank I want to learn how to use the opxy to... right now I just spray the polyurathing on everything..but they look so much better with the opxy… im going to ask spike to buy some next time he gos out and then see if I can opxy a few things that It wont matter if I mes s it  up good luck!! and i'll be reading how you do lol maybe it will help me when I try it 

• 4 weeks later...