Mooreville Mississippi Introduction

Tbow388

Hey everyone.

My name is Tim. I live in Mooreville MS which is right outside Tupelo where Elvis was born.

Lets see, I started scrolling on a Craftsman saw when my son was a baby. I made him a lot of his toys. I continued for a couple of years just doing small projects here and there. Then life happened and I let alcohol take all of my hobbies and health away from me. Finally this last year I had enough and sobered up. I dug out my old saw and started enjoying being creative again.

Decided I wanted to get a little more into it and replaced the Craftsman with the new Delta. I LOVE IT!!!!!! I love making bowls and fretwork. Sometimes I scroll something out that should be cut with a spiral blade using a regular blade just for fun. I have a local place here that displays and sells my perfectly imperfect projects. I give some away and make things to donate for some local groups.

Go check out my gallery and let me know what you think.

Tim

On 3/21/2021 at 9:11 AM, Tbow388 said:

Hey everyone.

My name is Tim. I live in Mooreville MS which is right outside Tupelo where Elvis was born.

Lets see, I started scrolling on a Craftsman saw when my son was a baby. I made him a lot of his toys. I continued for a couple of years just doing small projects here and there. Then life happened and I let alcohol take all of my hobbies and health away from me. Finally this last year I had enough and sobered up. I dug out my old saw and started enjoying being creative again.

Decided I wanted to get a little more into it and replaced the Craftsman with the new Delta. I LOVE IT!!!!!! I love making bowls and fretwork. Sometimes I scroll something out that should be cut with a spiral blade using a regular blade just for fun. I have a local place here that displays and sells my perfectly imperfect projects. I give some away and make things to donate for some local groups.

Tim

Incredible workmanship!!! You've quite alot of extra nice projects under your belt!!! They really stand out to make a one man band!!! Keep your projects coming friend!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2021 at 9:11 AM, Tbow388 said:

Hey everyone.

Tim

As a former close friend of alcohol, I understand perfectly. It's been nearly 13 years( since I had a drink or cigarette. I often wonder how my life would have been all those years without booze and cigarettes. I'm 81 and paying for those mistakes  now. Quite painful I might add. It's never to late to quit a bad habit.

On 5/10/2021 at 7:31 AM, ben2008 said:

As a former close friend of alcohol, I understand perfectly. It's been nearly 13 years( since I had a drink or cigarette. I often wonder how my life would have been all those years without booze and cigarettes. I'm 81 and paying for those mistakes  now. Quite painful I might add. It's never to late to quit a bad habit.

Good for you. I almost didn't make it to 50! I do not regret my past as I consider it my greatest asset today. I can maybe share my past and help someone to not go through the same thing I did.

• 3 weeks later...

Tim, I am so thankful and pleased for you that you are beating the alcohol problem, hang in there. taking up scrolling again is a great way to stay on track. I have not seen your work yet but I will check it out soon. Keep in touch with all of us here and hopefully we can get to know each other better as time goes on

Dick

heppnerguy