Noise Cancelling Headphones

Rockytime

Who among you use noise cancelling headphones or ear buds?I'm particularly interested in those who hearing aids. My AIDS are Bluetooth compatible. When sawing I have them on mute. It obviously curs down the noise meaning the aids no longer detect the sound but nevertheless my ears still receive the  full brunt of the noise. I just can't hear it as well. I would like to hear what others are experiencing and are using if anything .

I wear HA's also.  Mine are not BT compatable but do stream our TV sound via a transmitter plugged into the TV.

However, my HA's are programable and have 3 different setups.  One if for streaming the TV sound, a second is normal sound situations and the third is for noisy situations such as crowded places.   When I'm in the shop I use this third setting and can listen to my "Alexa" while cutting or working.  Yes the router, bench sander and table saw are loud and will block out the music but those noises are very short lived.   When scrolling I can still hear the music while cutting.  This setting is like what a normal heearing person would hear with ear plugs.    

21 minutes ago, lawson56 said:

I use regular headphones, The Muffling type, Big ones like you can find at Lowes or Home Depot. They work Great for me.👍🎧 Looks like this emoji😀

Thanks. Are they Bluetooth allowing you to listen to music or speech? My hearing so deteriorated that I can no longer understand music but I can understand some pod casts depending upon the person speaking's voice.

I use the Shop tunes earphone set to listen to music while sawing and doing other noise making tools. Or wife and I do where hearing aids just got them a couple months ago. My wife decided I could not hear so good and could not believe it may be I just don't pay attention to every word and insists on talking when your watching a TV program. The hearing aids stream the phone through them so if someone calls texts leaves message what ever I hear that and I can just take to the phone and voice goes to the caller. Of course you need to shut tools down or caller can't hear you. I wear them mowing and can hook up to the CD player I don't have a Alexa or Herman for that matter

I wear hearing aids that amplify everything except the human voice. I can hear an ant fart at 40 yards but I can't hear my wife sitting next to me. And it's not Selective Hearing. My hearing is actually still very good but she insisted that I get them so I could hear her. Didn't work. When in the shop, I don't wear anything to protect my hearing. I did everything possible to ruin my hearing. I have tinnitis in both ears. But, I still hear very well. The hearing aids were a waste of $2800.

9 hours ago, Rockytime said:

Thanks. Are they Bluetooth allowing you to listen to music or speech? My hearing so deteriorated that I can no longer understand music but I can understand some pod casts depending upon the person speaking's voice.

No they are just regular noise blocking headphones,🥴 No music, I can hear someone yelling at me if there in the shop.😀

6 hours ago, octoolguy said:

I wear hearing aids that amplify everything except the human voice. I can hear an ant fart at 40 yards but I can't hear my wife sitting next to me. And it's not Selective Hearing. My hearing is actually still very good but she insisted that I get them so I could hear her. Didn't work. When in the shop, I don't wear anything to protect my hearing. I did everything possible to ruin my hearing. I have tinnitis in both ears. But, I still hear very well. The hearing aids were a waste of $2800.

I suffer from Tinnitis, Still hear very well, I just wear the the headphones to keep from getting worse and to enjoy somewhat of a (little) more quite time.🥴

42 minutes ago, Rockytime said:

I ordered Bluetooth noise cancelling head phones for $50. Inexpensive but had 5 star rating. Reviews said fidelity was good and noise reduction was fairly good. Not like real cancellation but OK. I'll get them Thursday and i'll see how well they work .

Be interested to see how they work. The last one I had would not hold charge very long.

4 hours ago, Rockytime said:

I ordered Bluetooth noise cancelling head phones for $50. Inexpensive but had 5 star rating. Reviews said fidelity was good and noise reduction was fairly good. Not like real cancellation but OK. I'll get them Thursday and i'll see how well they work .

Les, if you are as deaf as you say you are, why would you need to cancel any noise? You can hear it so why cancel it?

19 minutes ago, octoolguy said:

Les, if you are as deaf as you say you are, why would you need to cancel any noise? You can hear it so why cancel it?

I can hear noise very well.  I  just don't have the ability to decipher the sound. Hard to understand unless you really are deaf. If you stand directly in front of me and speak clearly I can understand you with the assistance of reading your lips. Women's voices are much harder for me to understand because their voice is a higher frequency. At the same time I am easily startled by a sudden noise. My wife doesn't even understand. With Bluetooth aids sound is piped directly into the ear. Therefore if the frequency and everything is right I can understand. Pod casts, for instance, I understand as they are pumped directly into my ear. When I scroll I have my aids on mute. That means sound is no longer pumped directly into my ear. However the loud sound still is damaging to the little hearing I have. With Bluetooth phones I can listen to a pod cast while the extra noise in the shop is blocked. Hard to explain. Easier to experience it. Not an ideal situation.

Got my Headphones yesterday. Charged them overnight and used them today. WOW! They are great. I was not expecting much for $49 but was pleasantly surprised. They are beautifully boxed and built. I'm able to listen to podcasts perfectly and outside noise is completely shut out. Wish I knew about these years ago. I've enjoyed scrolling but these headphones make scrolling a brand new great experience.

I'm not sure I understand how those earphones work. I still don't understand how "bluetooth" works. Can either of you guys explain it to me? If I understand it I might have to invest in a pair. Les you said you listen to podcasts. How do you do that? Where do the headphones pick up what you are listening to?

On 5/27/2021 at 7:41 PM, Rockytime said:

Got my Headphones yesterday. Charged them overnight and used them today. WOW! They are great. I was not expecting much for $49 but was pleasantly surprised. They are beautifully boxed and built. I'm able to listen to podcasts perfectly and outside noise is completely shut out. Wish I knew about these years ago. I've enjoyed scrolling but these headphones make scrolling a brand new great experience.

Do you have an idea how long they hold a charge? Do you have a link.

17 minutes ago, octoolguy said:

I'm not sure I understand how those earphones work. I still don't understand how "bluetooth" works. Can either of you guys explain it to me? If I understand it I might have to invest in a pair. Les you said you listen to podcasts. How do you do that? Where do the headphones pick up what you are listening to?

For instance, with my hearing aids, my cell phone has a Bluetooth capability and can be turned off and on. I hold my hearing aids next to my phone and turn on the Bluetooth. A menu comes up with a list of things to connect. My hearing aids have an assigned name. I tap the name and the aids are paired to the phone via Bluetooth. The headphones hook up the same way. I have the headphones turned on and hold them close to the phone. I turn , the menu on the Bluetooth shows the connection name of the headphones,  I touch the name on the screen and the phone and headphones are paired and I  put them on and start listening. If you get the headphones it is very intuitive. You'll have no problem. I scrolled for 4 1/2 hours this afternoon and the headphones were absolutely comfortable. The sound streams directly into my ears and there is absolutely no outside noise. Dead silence. I could not be more pleased. Of course I remove my hearing aids. I can't listen to music as the change in harmonics a frequencies are just garbled. However, speech is crisp and I can listen to podcasts. There are some speakers that are easier than others to understand because of difference in their speech. So far I have not had a problem. They bring a whole new comfort to scrolling! I'm sure all cell phones now days are Bluetooth.

19 minutes ago, Dave Monk said:

Do you have an idea how long they hold a charge? Do you have a link.

I have not had them long enough to find out. So far I've just plugged them in after I leave the shop. The description claims 30 hours per charge but I thing I read reviews that said it lasted longer. I just have chargers all over the house and shop,

I can't give you a link but just search Amazon for VANKYO C750. That works as I've done so several times before ordering. Most headphones were much more expensive but there were so many 5 star reviews I just went with it. Very glad I did.

21 hours ago, Rockytime said:

For instance, with my hearing aids, my cell phone has a Bluetooth capability and can be turned off and on. I hold my hearing aids next to my phone and turn on the Bluetooth. A menu comes up with a list of things to connect. My hearing aids have an assigned name. I tap the name and the aids are paired to the phone via Bluetooth. The headphones hook up the same way. I have the headphones turned on and hold them close to the phone. I turn , the menu on the Bluetooth shows the connection name of the headphones,  I touch the name on the screen and the phone and headphones are paired and I  put them on and start listening. If you get the headphones it is very intuitive. You'll have no problem. I scrolled for 4 1/2 hours this afternoon and the headphones were absolutely comfortable. The sound streams directly into my ears and there is absolutely no outside noise. Dead silence. I could not be more pleased. Of course I remove my hearing aids. I can't listen to music as the change in harmonics a frequencies are just garbled. However, speech is crisp and I can listen to podcasts. There are some speakers that are easier than others to understand because of difference in their speech. So far I have not had a problem. They bring a whole new comfort to scrolling! I'm sure all cell phones now days are Bluetooth.

I guess what I meant was where/how do you find the podcast? that's something else I'm not familiar with.