Arizona, USA

Azgilly

Hello from AZ !!  I have been scrolling off and on for probably 30 years and got into wood carving about 15 years ago.  Now because of some arthritis issues I have decided to just scroll saw.    I have an interest in doing portraits , and just finished my first pattern of my grandson when he was a baby.

I have a DeWalt DW788  version 1,  and also an old Dremel that I mainly use for straight cuts.   I look forward to meeting all of you.

Tod,  Welcome to the forum. I also live in Arizona and I sent you a person message. Welcome to The Village. You have chosen a great place to enjoy by becoming a member here. The people who frequently visit here, are all very friendly and helpful and are always willing to help anyone with a question regarding scrolling or other wood working questions. I would encourage you to log on often so you can become more familiar with our page and the people here and we can get to know you better as well. Contributing comments is a great way to get to know others here and be sure to check out all the forums and pattern library where you can download and cut many patterns for free. 

Dick

heppnerguy

On 8/9/2021 at 8:09 PM, Azgilly said:

Hello from AZ !!  I have been scrolling off and on for probably 30 years and got into wood carving about 15 years ago.  Now because of some arthritis issues I have decided to just scroll saw.    I have an interest in doing portraits , and just finished my first pattern of my grandson when he was a baby.

I have a DeWalt DW788  version 1,  and also an old Dremel that I mainly use for straight cuts.   I look forward to meeting all of you.

Glad you made the switch! Welcome friend! Great saw you have! I too am loaded up with arthritis but sitting still scrolling im painless! Portaits are a love of mind and the fewer the lines the more it amazes me !!! Keep coming back , your always welcome!!!

On 8/9/2021 at 7:09 PM, Azgilly said:

Welcome aboard Azgilly, glad to have you here.