I am new but old.....

TRedd351

I get up to the Gilbert area once in a while to visit my son and family.  I cannot stand that traffic and congestion.  The whole Phoenix metro area is stifling to me.  My wife loves it though.  I rebuilt an old captains desk many years ago and some of the wood took the finish and other areas did not.  4 0 steel wool dipped in the shellac and I just rubbed it/forced it into the 'iffy' areas. Might work with walnut, I cannot say. Might be worth a try on a piece of scrap.  Good luck!

Edited by old sarge
spelling

On 1/13/2022 at 7:48 PM, TRedd351 said:

Hey Old Sarge, we just left Scottsdale...said I am done with the desert and I love snow, so Michigan it is....  I am gonna figure our some way to vent the shop..more news on that soon. 

Through with the desert. So many people come to Southern Arizona every winter, as you probably know.    Michigan is one of the most  common states that dominate the majority of the license plate of the snow birds here in Casa Grande where I live. They can't wait to not have to put up with all the cold and snowy weather. You are moving the opposite that most people seem to want. All that said, I also want to welcome you to The Village and hope to see you around. I also hope you find a shop space where you can scroll when it is cold. Good luck on your move and when you get to  Michigan let us know how things are going for you

Dick

heppnerguy 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...