At The Table - Scroll Saw Challenge

Travis

table.png

Halloween is over, now we're into November.  This time of year always reminds me of big meals with the family with Thanksgiving and Christmas.  We'd break out our nice tablecloths, dishes, and silverware.  Then we'd share a meal with the family.  So I this scroll saw challenge is about the table.  It's pretty open to interpretation.  But anything you'd use for sharing a meal with your family, table decoration, or personalization.  So these could be things like trivets, napkin holder, name card holders, centerpieces, serving items, etc.  When you post, maybe tell us a little family tradition you have.  It'll be fun to see what you come up with.

13 hours ago, Joe W. said:

Nice cutting!
What wood and finish did you use?
I've been asked to make a few and am concerned about scorching/discoloration from the hot bottoms of pots/pans.

Honestly, I'm probably the LAST one to get advice on something that is going to come into contact with food or hot pots/pans.  :)  I think the wood is pine from Lowes, and finished with the usual Minwax (probably Honey, its one of my favorite colors).  I know you're supposed to seal them with something (urethane?), but since they rarely get used and only contact the bottom of the pot, I've never had any scorching or discoloration issues.

• Travis unpinned this topic