New to the forum

Robert R

I'm been retired for the last 5 years, after working as a master carpenter for 48 years.  I've had a Dewalt scroll saw for over 30 years, used it now and then. Was using it last month for a project and my wife tells me I really need a new saw. Mine is the old style of attaching blades. So long story short she bought me one :)  Wow, what a difference in every aspect.  I have some questions, but they will come latter.  I am not a scroll saw professional, I consider myself an amateur in this field, LOL.  But, it's fun.  Catch you in the forum

Robert

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2023 at 7:45 PM, MarieC said:

Welcome to the village from Eastern side of Washington State!  I am a fairly newbie also.  Wow, Pegas... you must have a special wife who did her homework to pick that saw!  

thank you marieC, I also, am on the eastern side of Washington!  Kennewick to be exact.  Just got back from a 2500 mile trip to So Cal.

53 minutes ago, Robert R said:

thank you marieC, I also, am on the eastern side of Washington!  Kennewick to be exact.  Just got back from a 2500 mile trip to So Cal.

Wow!  Another Eastern WA scroller....Paul @Scrappile is also from Eastern WA and is even closer to you than I am.  He is an amazing scoller (check out his Gallery) and is a huge source of information. 

I am planning to head down towards the Tricities (Benton City) to visit a friend in June.  I am hoping to visit with Paul (he doesn't know this yet) when I am down there...maybe we could all have lunch or coffee together.  I myself am a retired college instructor in Physical therapy as well as a Physical Therapist.  I still have my license but currently not seeing patients....I do some woodworking (cabinet building, etc but really would much rather be scroll sawing), I also do upohlstery but have been trying to avoid doing that right now.  My husband is an orchardist but is cutting back some (at least he says he is :))  I am so glad you joined...this is a great place to be.  mc

14 hours ago, MarieC said:

Wow!  Another Eastern WA scroller....Paul @Scrappile is also from Eastern WA and is even closer to you than I am.  He is an amazing scoller (check out his Gallery) and is a huge source of information. 

I am planning to head down towards the Tricities (Benton City) to visit a friend in June.  I am hoping to visit with Paul (he doesn't know this yet) when I am down there...maybe we could all have lunch or coffee together.  I myself am a retired college instructor in Physical therapy as well as a Physical Therapist.  I still have my license but currently not seeing patients....I do some woodworking (cabinet building, etc but really would much rather be scroll sawing), I also do upohlstery but have been trying to avoid doing that right now.  My husband is an orchardist but is cutting back some (at least he says he is :))  I am so glad you joined...this is a great place to be.  mc

Nice to meet you all, I'm a retired master carpenter of 45 years, my wife, is a retired labor and delivery nurse.  We lived in Southern California up until 2018, when we moved up here to be closer to my kids and grandchildren.  I've had a scroll saw for maybe 40 years, but only recently, got involved on a larger scale (I'm still a beginner) when my wife decided I needed a new saw.  

Yes sir, we are neighbors!  We must get together sometime and get acquainted personally.  When @MarieC visits, it would be a crime if we did not have a meet up.  Maybe it can be arranged do @scrollingforsanity could come he is only around 40 miles away.  It is great to meet up with other members, them we can talk about other members behind their backs.😉

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/13/2023 at 6:57 AM, Scrappile said:

Yes sir, we are neighbors!  We must get together sometime and get acquainted personally.  When @MarieC visits, it would be a crime if we did not have a meet up.  Maybe it can be arranged do @scrollingforsanity could come he is only around 40 miles away.  It is great to meet up with other members, them we can talk about other members behind their backs.😉

That would not include me in your conversations, would it? Oh well, I can take it.