New member in North Mississippi

Ron K

I’m getting back into scrolling. I started with a craftsman saw. Then the Dewalt truck came to work and I tried their scroll saw and loved it. Sold the craftsman and planned on getting the Dewalt. Before doing that I visited an uncle in KY and found out he had a scrollsaw. He had 2 RBI saws. I tried them and really wanted one. That was the last time I sat at scroll saw till about 2 years ago. I picked up and old RBI 220-3 from a coworker and started enjoying the piece and quiet of me and the saw. I have now picked up another RBI 226 VS this week. Hope to play with it tonight. I’ve done some freehand projects. My grandkids name signs for their rooms and some Steve Good plans as well. I have a plan for a clock that’s been stuck in my head since I got the 220. It’ll take some planning but I’ll get to it soon. Look fwd to learning any tips and tricks to speed up my process especially in the painting or staining. Thanks 

Ron

Here’s some of my work. The large oval piece I did with my 1st saw many years ago. Patents still has it hanging in their house. First two are Steve Good designs. Third I drew up for my niece’s wedding cake topper. Fourth I did a long time ago with my first saw. No clue where that pattern came from. 

IMG_6354.png

IMG_6358.png

IMG_6355.png

IMG_6359.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...