Logging Train

I will soon be trying my luck at cutting this type of work.  I have found in past positings to SSV many suggestions.  I have some questions for you.  Did you use 1/8 inch Baltic Birch plywood?  Did you stack cut?  I've read that helps cutting.  Just today I purchased some 1/4 inch luan for stacking.  What blade did you use?  I have been doing some practice cuts which lead be to believe I may be tackling more than I can chew.  I know it is just cutting 1 line at a time, but it still scares me.  I mostly use hardwoods.  I'm anxious to get started but still scared of the results.  Thanks for posting Kris, just in time for me.

Jerry

12 hours ago, jerry walters said:

I will soon be trying my luck at cutting this type of work.  I have found in past positings to SSV many suggestions.  I have some questions for you.  Did you use 1/8 inch Baltic Birch plywood?  Did you stack cut?  I've read that helps cutting.  Just today I purchased some 1/4 inch luan for stacking.  What blade did you use?  I have been doing some practice cuts which lead be to believe I may be tackling more than I can chew.  I know it is just cutting 1 line at a time, but it still scares me.  I mostly use hardwoods.  I'm anxious to get started but still scared of the results.  Thanks for posting Kris, just in time for me.

Jerry

Jerry, thanks for your interest. I used 1/8 Baltic Birch Ply. The blades used were mostly Pegas #1 and #3 spirals. I did not stack-cut it. It is wise that you have tried some practice cuts. I would recommend that you continue doing so until you feel comfortable using the spirals. Once you get used to them, it is wonderful to cut detailed, curved cuts with spirals.