Panthers Face (Something different)

FrankEV

the color "neon turquoise" is awesome. The dark background does the haunting effect.

Maybe make a dark jungle green background?  But that might take away from the turquoise.

I would not make the panther pink. Might have copyright issues. :)

To make it more mean looking might show some teeth.  Bright white and red blood dripping.

The background does provide an important feel.  There is not much  area to change background. 

The panther as it is might be a good side kick for the green lantern scenes.

3 hours ago, MarieC said:

Wow!  I really like everything about it.... how did you do the whiskers?  Are they cut with the scroll saw?

Yes, I cut everything with the Scroll Saw. The wiskers were cut using a Pegas # 1 MGT R blade.  

Narrow long streight or curvedd parallel line cut outs are probably the hardest scroll saw cutting there is.  I"ll admit the wiskers are actually a little wider than the printed pattern.

11 hours ago, preprius said:

the color "neon turquoise" is awesome. The dark background does the haunting effect.

Maybe make a dark jungle green background?  But that might take away from the turquoise.

I would not make the panther pink. Might have copyright issues. :)

To make it more mean looking might show some teeth.  Bright white and red blood dripping.

The background does provide an important feel.  There is not much  area to change background. 

The panther as it is might be a good side kick for the green lantern scenes.

I cut the Pink Panther cartoon character quite a while ago.

Although I had a lot difficulties making this projects, I really wanted to know if this image, as painted, is a suitable scroll saw preentation.  I know I can do the cutting and colonization better if I redo it.

55 minutes ago, barb.j.enders said:

You are too hard on yourself.  Like @MarieC, I like the whole project.  

There are a lot of things that happened to the panel itself that makes it a throw-a-way.  Some of the things that happend are: While trimimg the panel to its final dimensions, the saw cought the panel and put a big gouge on the back side, when lifting the pattern, the face of the panel gave up some fibers so I could not get a nice flat finish of the black,  after the panel was assembled and during handling the paint surface got mared that I had to touch-up, but in real life, the touch-up is noticeable.   So, I'm only being hard on myself for the lack of concentration and just stupid foul-ups that occured.  The pic does not tell the whole story. 

I liked how it looked in the original Black/Green/White Image and was really wondered if others would like it as well, or in other words is it worth my time and effort to remake it.  From comments so far I'm thinking it might be a good Idea to recut and paint it while being a lot more careful.

Thanks for your nice comment.   

From the picture,this is a really cool piece, you nailed tho colors! But as I look at it I wonder how it would look if you had green LED lights behind it. You'd have to have some space between the panther and the backer but when it lit up I'm thinking it's be pretty cool! That being said, I think I would take out the chin hairs on the lower jaw, make it a clean line on the bottom. The rest of it is mesmerizing. Do you plan to post the pattern? I for one would love to give it a go.

Still, for my 2 cents, awesome job!

Chris

6 hours ago, Hawk said:

...I wonder how it would look if you had green LED lights behind it...Do you plan to post the pattern? 

Not sure if LED's would work, but you are certainly free to try.  For those that work with colored epoxy, this could be a  project worth considering.

Since you asked so nice I will post, In Pattern Exchange, my 11.5x19 (printed on Super B size paper) and a 10.25x17 version (printed on 11x17 paper) for those who my like to try this pattern.

3 hours ago, FrankEV said:

Not sure if LED's would work, but you are certainly free to try.  For those that work with colored epoxy, this could be a  project worth considering.

Since you asked so nice I will post, In Pattern Exchange, my 11.5x19 (printed on Super B size paper) and a 10.25x17 version (printed on 11x17 paper) for those who my like to try this pattern.

Thank you for that,  I was thinking about it last night and wanted to give it a try.