Upgrading Our Software

Travis

I like it so far other than the fact that I have to keep relogging in every time I leave...even though I have the box checked to remember me.. I am disappointed the site doesn't remember me.. Maybe it will fix itself before the next time I come back.. maybe I just shouldn't leave as all, LOL  

2 hours ago, Gordster said:

Like it so far,like the new way for comments..

Missing where to see who is on line.

Hi Gordie:

At the top if you click on Browse you can get to see who's on line - go to online users

Right now, you will see lots of guests on there

I can view everything here without logging in

I had to log in to reply to a post but otherwise I can view everything without having to log in

Fab4

19 minutes ago, Fab4 said:

Hi Gordie:

At the top if you click on Browse you can get to see who's on line - go to online users

Right now, you will see lots of guests on there

I can view everything here without logging in

I had to log in to reply to a post but otherwise I can view everything without having to log in

Fab4

Thanks Paul,I guess it will take a few visits to find everyghing.

First place I look is who is on.

I find it shows I am signed in one minute  and next click my name

is not in right top corner.

I found on the main forum page http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/?_fromLogin=1

I was logged in but when I got to the general scroll sawing section I was not logged in, but when I clicked on this thread it shows I'm logged in again.

I'm not complaining, just saying this is what I'm seeing. I'm sure it will be fixed.

Thanks

Jim

Yah, I'm noticing that too.  It's also like that on mobile devices.  I put in a ticket with the software company.  Hopefully they'll be able to help me.

One thing that worked for me, if you hold down the CTR button and hit the refresh button on your browser, your login status bounces back.  It's a workaround until I can figure this thing out.

22 hours ago, Travis said:

Gotta give me time to polish it up.  I just barely turned on the lightswitch.  There's a lot of background processes happening to rebuild the site.  I'm hoping things will improve when those have been taken care of.

I'm not noticing any speed issues on my end.

Upgrade is a big change, but one we will adjust to quickly--I hope.

There has been several people who are having trouble logging in.  Sometimes when they are logged in, they go to a different page and it appears like they're logged out.  For those who are having sign-in issues, give this a try.  I think there's old cache data from the old software in your web browser that might be interfering with the new software.  Try clearing your cache in your web browser:

Instructions on how to clear cache:

2 hours ago, NC Scroller said:

Hawkeye and others try this.  While logged into the site on the Town Square page I rebookmarked the page.  Then I deleted my old bookmark.  The new bookmark page seems to bring me back logged in every time. 

This worked for me with Firefox.

• Travis unpinned this topic

How do I get rid of those annoying Notification notices that keep popping up, they are driving me insane? :shock::curse:

Marg

Sorry it's not the Village it Firefox They have also had an upgrade.  :curse:

Edited by wombatie