Scrollers Choice Magazine - IS NOT CLOSED !!!

leescrolls

Hey all i heard theres some talk on here that Scrollers Choice Magazine closed. This is not true. In fact we just celebrated our third year as a company. I am very happy to share our website link with you all so that you can see we are still very much a company and still very much open. I hope this can but to bed some of the posts I've seen on here. If anyone has any questions just visit our website or facebook page... Thanks everyone....and Happy Holidays.

http://www/scrollerschoicemag.wixsite.com/home

Lee

Editor / Owner - Scrollers Choice Magazine

Well I can't get that link to open. Any one else try it?

5 hours ago, leescrolls said:

Hey all i heard theres some talk on here that Scrollers Choice Magazine closed. This is not true. In fact we just celebrated our third year as a company. I am very happy to share our website link with you all so that you can see we are still very much a company and still very much open. I hope this can but to bed some of the posts I've seen on here. If anyone has any questions just visit our website or facebook page... Thanks everyone....and Happy Holidays.

Lee

Scrollers Choice Magazine? Anybody heard of it? If it's out there,  I'd like to check it out. Funny, I visit three scroll saw forums and have never heard of it!

Oh yeah, I remember now, I signed up to their news letter a couple of years ago but never got anything back.

Edited by dgman

2 hours ago, dgman said:

Scrollers Choice Magazine? Anybody heard of it? If it's out there,  I'd like to check it out. Funny, I visit three scroll saw forums and have never heard of it!

Oh yeah, I remember now, I signed up to their news letter a couple of years ago but never got anything back.

Hum>,somethings a miss in Denmark!

9 hours ago, leescrolls said:

Lee

here is the correct link to the site. Hope it works

http://scrollerschoicemag.wixsite.com/home

14 hours ago, leescrolls said:

Lee

emphasis added

Lee, I have been on this forum for about a year and a half or so.  I have never seen anything on here discussing Scrollers Choice Magazine being closed or really any discussion of it.  I get on here every day, several times a day and pretty much read every post that is made most days in all the subforums (yes, I'm addicted. ;)) Now, that's not to say I don't occasionally miss something, but I usually catch them within a few days and I don't recall ever seeing anything negative about Scrollers Choice Magazine in general or any discussion about it being closed.  So I am curious if you can point to "some of the posts I've seen on here" that seemed to be a concern to you. There were some discussions a while back about one of the older print magazines no longer being published but don't recall any discussions about Scrollers Choice.  Please show me what I have missed.

I am familiar with your product and previously ordered a copy or two in the past. (I removed the link to the site Lee had posted from the quote of Lee's post because like several others, it didn't work for me. That is the only reason it is not in the quote. :))

EDITED To ADD: Ok, out of curiosity I did a search of the full forum for old threads that mentioned "Scrollers Choice" as I was curious and found only one OLD thread from April, 2016 - June, 2016. (one have been in my early days on the forum so might not have seen it or remembered it.) That thread someone asked about the magazine, some gave links to it and the Facebook page for it then,  and some other discussion which can be found here:

3 hours ago, JimErn said:

Looking at the free wix site, thanks  for the correct link KurtP,  it looks as though it is not "out there" it is strictly a download pdf magazine at $11 an issue.

Jim and others, you can get the magazine as a download PDF or you can get a hard printed copy of the magazine - you choose which way you want to obtain it.  I can't remember, but I think I got the PDF versions of the one(s) I purchased. I liked what I got as I recall. For those interested here is a link to their back issues page that shows the different issues that they have published.http://scrollerschoicemag.wixsite.com/home/buy-back-issues - You can see on that page that some are now only available as PDFs but others still have the print issue available.  Looks like print issues are $12.50.  PDFs are $11.50. Lee, I appreciate having another option to obtain information/articles/patterns from as we all know, there is now limited options for magazines for scrollsawers. While I have not chosen to subscribe, or purchase more, it had more to do with "time" on my hands to do anything with more patterns.

Edited by meflick

The posts i was referring to are the older ones that said we might have closed. Im not sure exactly which post but it was part of the old posts. I had a customer read this then cancel their order because they thought we were closed. So I wanted to set the record straight thanks everyone for helping me get the word out on here. 

6 hours ago, JimErn said:

Looking at the free wix site, thanks  for the correct link KurtP,  it looks as though it is not "out there" it is strictly a download pdf magazine at $11 an issue.

Jim we are not jut PDF we have print as well...Head over to the website. We have PDF AND PRINT YEARLY SUBSCRIPTIONS.... We are mainly a print magazine with PDFs.

http://www.scrollerschoicemag.wixsite.com/home

17 hours ago, leescrolls said:

Jim we are not jut PDF we have print as well...Head over to the website. We have PDF AND PRINT YEARLY SUBSCRIPTIONS.... We are mainly a print magazine with PDFs.

http://www.scrollerschoicemag.wixsite.com/home

I finally found the buy a back issue in print on the back issues page.

The attached jpg file is what I see when I visit the site.  All it says is is click here to buy a 2017 pdf subscription, this being Dec 2017 I am not sure why I would want to do that

I don't even see a subscribe now button, menu or option.  Much less whether that subscription is in print or pdf.

Just going by what I see.  I am using firefox quantum if that makes a difference

SS-2017-12-14_04.48.33.jpg

Edited by JimErn
forgot to attach

Personally, I don't recall ever reading about this mag before now, it may just be a memory thing though. The mag can't be all that popular though, if it was it would have been mentioned here a few times at least. And with reading Merlin's post, how comfortable would anyone be interested in taking the risk? I did take a look at the back issues pics on the site, the mag has some interesting patterns in it. But in amongst the patterns I saw, there is a couple that I've seen elsewhere. I would like to hear from anyone who has subscribed to this mag, I wonder what they think of the Mag, the patterns, and service they get?

Len

• 8 months later...

I would have to say they are kaput at this point. Only one issue issued this year. That to me is closed for business. They are supposed to issue 4 a year. Here we are middle of September and nothing since February. The site has been changed so that the annual subscription link is gone and all they are selling are old issues. That was a pretty expensive issue if you paid for the year that is for sure.