Didn't listen to myself.

Foxfold

Today I went to my saw with the intention of finishing a piece that I'd started a couple of days ago.  However, after about ½hr my heart said ''stop you've had enough''  !!  However, my brain said '' just carry on for another ½hr and get it finished.  Well, I should have listened to myself because I went on to make a ''right pigs ear'' of my piece and now I'll have to start again from scratch..  Am I the only one to make such an idiotic decision ?? 😞 

4 hours ago, Scrappile said:

I think we all have.  That is why most have a container for decorative fire wood...

Five gallon bucket on left side of saw! Good for cut outs, pattern edges, and glued/taped bundles of BEAUTIFUL firewood.

If you don't mess up every now and then, you lose the desire to get better.

When my eyes become fatigued I stop and take a break. My eyes do tire after focusing on the lines too long. Scrollbob's patterns are always posted with red lines which make it much easier for me. A fine black line and a small black blade tend to merge into one when my eyes are tired. The contrast of red and black prevents this. I often take patterns to an office supply store and have the patterns copied in red. It is worth the trouble and expense.

I have done this and when I start seeing myself drifting off line and making small errors I quit take a break which may be until the next day. The only thing worse I think is work long hours on a intricate fret work, finish it , looks great only to drop it from hands and crash to the cement floor. But as my Grandmother was fond of saying Such is Life. Never made me feel any better. 

Hi, Brenda,
It's funny you should post this today because just last night I had a project that I had put off for quite a while.
Not a customer order or anything but, I liked the project, wanted to cut it, and got tired of seeing it on the bench
waiting for me. So, it seemed like I was counting every cut to see how much longer before I finished it.
I was lucky and did not trash the project but, I know I could have done a slightly better job if my mind had been
in the right mind-set instead of just wanting to get it off the work bench.

Sorry you will have to start over but, as the replies here show, we have all made similar poor decisions.

Thanks for sharing and God Bless! Spirithorse