Scenic Views - Scroll Saw Challenge

Travis

scenic.pngMy son and I just got back from a week-long Boy Scout camp in Coeur d'Alene, ID.  It was such a beautiful lake with amazing scenery.  One of our fellow scouters extended their trip to Glacier National Park with their family.  They posted some great pictures, too.  This time of year always reminds me of family vacations, camping, fishing, and enjoying the great outdoors.  So, this month's challenge is about the great outdoors, scenic vistas, or appreciating the great things mother nature has provided us.  Post a picture of a project or pattern of what that means to you.  And be sure to tell us a little bit about it, or a memory you had with your family vacations.

I'll kick this one off.  Most folks I talk to always gush about beach vacations, cruises, sand and palm trees, Hawaii.....they can have em.  Send me to the mountains!  Forests, rivers, lakes, waterfalls, the peace and quiet of a shady trail with nothing but the sound of the wind to disturb the afternoon (and the occasional curse as my clumsy ass trips over a root).  My wife is of the same mind, although she enjoys the beaches more than I do.  Thus a Steve Good pattern, not quite finished yet (I'm juggling three or four projects at the time), but still....is mountains.  Is good.

20190805_211440.jpg

1 hour ago, RabidAlien said:

I'll kick this one off.  Most folks I talk to always gush about beach vacations, cruises, sand and palm trees, Hawaii.....they can have em.  Send me to the mountains!  Forests, rivers, lakes, waterfalls, the peace and quiet of a shady trail with nothing but the sound of the wind to disturb the afternoon (and the occasional curse as my clumsy ass trips over a root).  My wife is of the same mind, although she enjoys the beaches more than I do.  Thus a Steve Good pattern, not quite finished yet (I'm juggling three or four projects at the time), but still....is mountains.  Is good.

Beautiful work there!

I think it was 2 Summers ago I took my wife on a day trip to get out of the hot desert.  This is where we went, Mount Rainier in Washington.  Such a beautiful sight!  I see by the date on the picture it was 3 Summers ago.  Time flies!

rainer.jpg

Edited by Scrappile

• 4 weeks later...
  • Travis unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...