October - Scroll Saw Challenge

Travis

OctoberSS.png

It's October!  Time to pull out my Halloween decorations.  💀  Not sure how Halloween is going to play out this year, which makes me a little sad for the kids.  But at least I can decorate the house.  This month's theme is October.  It can be Halloween, fall, harvest, pumpkins, Green Day or whatever you think of.  Have fun with it!  🎃

On 10/1/2020 at 7:46 PM, FrankEV said:

Made door hamging Pumpkins for the naeighbors on each side of me with their names in them,  Then made a "Happy Fall Y'all" sign for the front of my house. 

Pumpkin meyers.JPG

Pumpkin Johnson.JPG

Happy Fall.jpg

Frank , hi I,d like to know a little more about your projects here such as who,s patterns are,the the sizes. I,ve been hot on trying to find a "B" for the pumpkin before the holiday pass,s . And the happy fall I want to do too good job cutting and painting well done my friend.im still working on cleaning up my pictures  don,t have it down pat yet but it's in the works!!! Keep your work coming!!!

1 hour ago, amazingkevin said:

Frank , hi I,d like to know a little more about your projects here such as who,s patterns are,the the sizes. I,ve been hot on trying to find a "B" for the pumpkin before the holiday pass,s . And the happy fall I want to do too good job cutting and painting well done my friend.im still working on cleaning up my pictures  don,t have it down pat yet but it's in the works!!! Keep your work coming!!!

Kevin,

The "Pumkins" are cut from 1/2 X !2 X 12 Sanded Ply from patterns purchased from https://theholzbrothers.com/ ($3.79/downloadable).  You can get any name of letter you want.  Painted with rattel can orange and acrylic green for the stem.

The "Happy Fall Y'All" is a Steve Good  pattern.  He gives you a small and a large pattern.  I did the large approximately 12 X 11.  I used 1/4 BB for the cut and afixed to 1/2" sanded ply backer painted dark brown.  The Leaves were painted with acrylic craft paint.  Applied a multi coats of polyurethane  to make it suitable for outdoor use. 

HTH

Frank 

On 10/3/2020 at 12:34 PM, amazingkevin said:

Kevin - as Frank noted the Happy Fall sign is from Steve Good a few weeks ago and you can find it here. https://scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com/2020/08/happy-fall-yall-scroll-saw-pattern.html

Then you can check dafont website for monogram fonts, the kk one should give you a good B to use. The pumpkin should easily be developed from a simple silhouette. You can find some to pick from with a quick google search for free pumpkin silhouette clip art.

You can find the font I mentioned here: https://www.dafont.com/monogram-kk.font and a free silhouette pumpkin. I think you Have been scrolling long enough and doing lettering to be able to work out. What you need from there. If not, let us know and someone can probably help you out if you can’t afford to buy the one like Frank did.

2 hours ago, meflick said:

Kevin - as Frank noted the Happy Fall sign is from Steve Good a few weeks ago and you can find it here. https://scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com/2020/08/happy-fall-yall-scroll-saw-pattern.html

Then you can check dafont website for monogram fonts, the kk one should give you a good B to use. The pumpkin should easily be developed from a simple silhouette. You can find some to pick from with a quick google search for free pumpkin silhouette clip art.

You can find the font I mentioned here: https://www.dafont.com/monogram-kk.font and a free silhouette pumpkin. I think you Have been scrolling long enough and doing lettering to be able to work out. What you need from there. If not, let us know and someone can probably help you out if you can’t afford to buy the one like Frank did.

I am overwhelmed at your perseverance to help a fellow scroller out.your putting me on a pedestal !!! Thank you so much!!!

When I think of October in Ontario, I think of the leaves and changing colour.  We get a great display even on our street but the best display that I have seen is along the Ottawa River east of Mattawa.  Most years I take that route at least once in Autumn but, alas, not this year.

Back to the topic at hand:  We have a set of seasonal Welcome signs for our front door.  I cut the original from Sheila Landry patterns and have, since, augmented those with some of my own design.  One of my designs features Autumn leaves.

1085002700_AutumnWelcomeSign.thumb.JPG.8da83c50d599828dd83e2a89ef01084f.JPG

On 10/3/2020 at 12:34 PM, amazingkevin said:

Hey Kevin,   Have you checked Steve Good's site for your *B*?  He has a few different styles to choose from.