We Lost Our Friend - Rockytime

Rockytime

6 hours ago, meflick said:

@Rockytime Les, I hope you and your wife are doing better and you are home, out of the hospital, and on the mend. I just checked and it shows you were just on the forum within the past few minutes so I take that as a good sign. I’ve been worried about you with out any updates. Prayers 🙏🏻 Said for you both. Let us know how you guys are doing when you can.

On 8/24/2021 at 10:22 AM, octoolguy said:

Malnutrition?

I can only have liquid and Tylenol. 

Very disappointed, the staff I mean. To build a little staff comraderie, togetherness if you will.  My caregiver,  forget the four inch reverse curve talons, I just casually mentioned her white Crocks. Did she know, I asked, that her shoes were survival footwear? Yes indeedie! In dire emergency the Crocks are edible. Not a smile. 

I am sorry to hear that you and your wife got Covid and your hospital and rehab stay.  Hope you get better soon.

I got vaccinated to avoid Covid and data shows vaccinated people are significantly less likely to get it and if they do it is much milder.

People are free to make their own choices and resultant effects.

Les, thank you for the update.  I, sure it’s not easy for you right now. I’m sorry to hear that Covid hit you and your wife so hard. I am glad you were able to get to the hospital and get the care you needed. I pray that your both continue to recover and heal with no lingering issues. I hope you will be able to leave rehab soon. Keep us updated as you feel up to it. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dave Monk said:

Has anyone heard from @Rockytime? Doesn't look like he has been on since Thursday night. Hope he is doing OK.

I heard from him the other day and he said they were going to insert a breathing tube so I have a feeling he's not up to posting here. He and Faye are in serious condition right now. Prayers appreciated.

On 8/27/2021 at 6:28 AM, Sycamore67 said:

I am sorry to hear that you and your wife got Covid and your hospital and rehab stay.  Hope you get better soon.

I got vaccinated to avoid Covid and data shows vaccinated people are significantly less likely to get it and if they do it is much milder.

People are free to make their own choices and resultant effects.

Good to see something from you Sycamore67. It's been too long. I finally gave in and got vaxxed too. 

On 8/26/2021 at 9:12 PM, Rockytime said:

I went into the hospital Monday. Today I was transferred to a rehab center where I will remain until I am capable of caring for myself. My wife is recovering also and she cannot recover if she is my caregiver. I could be here up to 10 days. Oh well. I've lost 20 lbs so far. 

So, if I get covid, I might lose weight? That would be a "lose-win-lose" situation I guess.

3 hours ago, OCtoolguy said:

I heard from him the other day and he said they were going to insert a breathing tube so I have a feeling he's not up to posting here. He and Faye are in serious condition right now. Prayers appreciated.

I’m glad you have been able to communicate with Les Ray. I’m sorry to hear that he and Faye are not doing well and they were going to need to give Les a breathing tube. Prayers continue for them both. Please let him know if anyone communicates with him that we are praying. Let us know if anyone hears further, 

29 minutes ago, meflick said:

I’m glad you have been able to communicate with Les Ray. I’m sorry to hear that he and Faye are not doing well and they were going to need to give Les a breathing tube. Prayers continue for them both. Please let him know if anyone communicates with him that we are praying. Let us know if anyone hears further, 

Will do. Thanks!

18 hours ago, OCtoolguy said:

Oh well. I've lost 20 lbs so far.

Yeah, a few months ago my brother-in-law got COVID in addition to a stroke.  He recovered but in the process lost 50 pounds.  He now jokes about how hard it is for him to sit on a hard chair because he doesn't have the padding he used to have before he got COVID.

May you have a speedy recovery. 

6 hours ago, Joe W. said:

Yeah, a few months ago my brother-in-law got COVID in addition to a stroke.  He recovered but in the process lost 50 pounds.  He now jokes about how hard it is for him to sit on a hard chair because he doesn't have the padding he used to have before he got COVID.

May you have a speedy recovery. 

Nice to hear that he is still around and able to joke about it.  

5 minutes ago, Scrappile said:

Oh my, that is sad for sure.   I felt like he was a friend.  My sincere condolences to his family... He will really be missed on here..  Second friend today that I have heard pasted.  

He & I had become very close evev though we were 1200 miles apart. Dang!