YOU WILL WANT TO SEE THIS

heppnerguy

1 hour ago, heppnerguy said:

I ran across this  YouTube video of one of the most impressive  things I have ever seen someone do with wood. You will not want to miss this, as I am pretty sure it will knock your socks off. Do yourself a favor and click on the link. This Amazing thing was done by a 17 year old boy.Dick

heppnerguy

That is simply amazing...the kid needs to be an engineer.  I showed my husband as well...so impressive...I bet he could hook up a remote to it someway and then really drive it around...so fun.  Thanks for sharing!

On 4/8/2023 at 8:13 AM, rjweb said:

Wow, that is unbelievable brilliant, I wonder if it is his design or did he follow a plan, RJ 

My understanding was, it was all his doing with no outside help. There are several videos of this item on YouTube.  It is an extremely interesting piece of work. Nothing on it is short cut-ed the transmission, rear end, and other parts are copies from the way they are in a real car. Even if that is not true and I misinterpreted the process, it is fabulous for anyone to make. I just had to share it.

Dick

heppnerugy

On 4/8/2023 at 8:26 AM, JessL said:

Oh my goodness! That was amazing. Showing the husband for sure. Thanks for sharing!

I too was blown away  that anyone, let alone a 17 year old could even dream of making this, (even if there  were plans to follow, which I understand there was not). It is one of the most unbelievable thing I have ever seen anyone make.

Dick

heppnerguy

On 4/8/2023 at 9:15 AM, MarieC said:

That is simply amazing...the kid needs to be an engineer.  I showed my husband as well...so impressive...I bet he could hook up a remote to it someway and then really drive it around...so fun.  Thanks for sharing!

On 4/8/2023 at 9:42 AM, Dave Monk said:

That is unbelievable. Transmission works and all. 

and the accelerator as well.  This kid should have a great future ahead of him

Dick

heppnerguy

On 4/8/2023 at 12:38 PM, Hudson River Rick said:

What a mind this guy must have !!!   That's probably one of the best examples of engineering a wooden model I've ever seen.

Oh, and for you tree huggers, no carbon foot prin/tire tracks.

Wishing all my friends here a BLESSED EASTER.

Rick

He certainly had me totally amazed as well. What a brain he has, and a long endurance ability to be able to produce this at 17 years of age, or any age as far as that  goes

Dick

heppnerguy

On 4/8/2023 at 2:24 PM, OCtoolguy said:

There is still hope for the younger generation. All it takes is good parenting. I see and engineering degree in his future. Unless he already has one. Great job. Thanks Dick.

I wouldn't want to even try something as demanding as this. Way too lazy and dumb for that

Dick

heppnerguy

On 4/9/2023 at 1:27 AM, bobscroll said:

Thank you Dick, What a talented young man! I was just thinking all those tiny pieces created by His hands? The time and patience He took in creating the masterpiece! I loved watching it, Bob😉

So glad you enjoyed as I did. I thought I had seen about everything until I ran across this. It is truly a masterpiece in my mind also

Dick

heppnerguy

There is another video of this showing more on building the tiny parts.  It is rather lengthy, I didn't sit through it all but it makes this even more amazing. Those working pistons are tiny and as are the gears.  The young mans voice sounds just like the voice of the guy that has the woodgears.ca site.  wonder if their brains are related.