Mini Birdhouses are addictive.

jamieline

• jamieline changed the title to Mini Birdhouses are addictive.
10 hours ago, jamieline said:

The Winfield Collection has 4 pattern sets of the Mini Birdhouses. One set is the stand up patterns. They are Diana Thompson patterns.

https://www.thewinfieldcollection.com/category/s?keyword=compound+cut+ornaments

I have purchased and cut all of these. Most were cut from poplar, with the birds cut from contrasting woods. I made several of these from Steve Good patterns to get started. These were made from pine 2x4s and glued up little pieces of wood. I like the look of pine the best.

• 2 months later...

I used to cut these bird houses much like all of you have, but my problem was how to display them at craft shows? At one time I had a "tree" form with dowels all along the main "tree" but was just to large to be toting from one show to the next! I even just placed them on the table but that wasn't working, they were overlooked! My question is how do you display your houses at shows?

Erv

8 minutes ago, redwine said:

I used to cut these bird houses much like all of you have, but my problem was how to display them at craft shows? At one time I had a "tree" form with dowels all along the main "tree" but was just to large to be toting from one show to the next! I even just placed them on the table but that wasn't working, they were overlooked! My question is how do you display your houses at shows?

Erv

Here’s my display rack. It’s fairly portable. It’s put together with pocket holes so it can be disassembled if necessary. If you want dimensions, I’ll post them later when I get in my shop.

IMG_1129.jpeg

7 hours ago, dgman said:

Here’s my display rack. It’s fairly portable. It’s put together with pocket holes so it can be disassembled if necessary. If you want dimensions, I’ll post them later when I get in my shop.

IMG_1129.jpeg

Thanks for the photo dgman! I see how you have done this one which is much better than one iI tried to do and mount it on a lazy susan which wasn't a good idea! I appreciate your reply and i can see just about the size I will need to use! Thank you!

dgman, I use a rack just like yours.

Started cutting the patterns from Sue Mey as well. They are stand up birdhouses.

I sold 25 of the birdhouses this past weekend. I don't glue the bird in when displayed. I give the customer the option to have whatever bird they choose. Once selected I glue them in before wrapping them. 

Probably have given away double that to family and friends and folks that just stop by wondering what I'm working on in the garage. Lots of fun to cut.

• 4 weeks later...