New scroll saw - new patterns - new projects

alexfox

Alex You always impress me with your creative projects. Right now I am "chugging" along on your train pattern. My wife bought it for me as a Birthday project. Paint/coating the orb with a reflective color and adding a LED light would make for a very nice Christmas ornament.

3 hours ago, munzieb said:

Alex You always impress me with your creative projects. Right now I am "chugging" along on your train pattern. My wife bought it for me as a Birthday project. Paint/coating the orb with a reflective color and adding a LED light would make for a very nice Christmas ornament.

Agree, I want to make set of such 3D geometric patterns and it could be unusual and eyecatching Christmas ornaments 

9 hours ago, TAIrving said:

Very interesting Alex @alexfox!  Nice that you are back on the forum and back at the scrollsaw.

The pattern looks like it has 2 repeated parts, many copies of each.  Would it be ok to stack cut some of them?

Thanks, yes it is one more advantage of such patterns - you can make stack cutting

Posted (edited)
On 4/16/2024 at 3:03 PM, barb.j.enders said:

Good to see you back.  I might just have to grab that pattern.

I am intrigued by the the drill you are using.  What is that?

I bought it just for $5 at Aliexpress (China store) - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006499218253.html 

Also it includes 0.8mm, 1mm and 1.2mm drills. It works from mobile charge block (not included). Very comfortable to use for thin materials (1/8-1/6 inches). Disadvantage - on/off button on the wire, I think it would be more comfortable on body of drill. I know there are many small drills at Ebay or Amazon, but they are qite expensive.  

Here is short review of this drill - 

Edited by alexfox