Popular Post don in brooklin on Posted September 18 Popular Post Posted September 18 Taking the advice of Barb and Denny regarding my Pumpkin Tray. I designed a Christmas tree candy tray with the idea of using in one of my scroll saw courses. Worried about how long it will take to cut. I took me 21 minutes including 2 minutes for the glue up. Denny - I used a combination of Weldbond and CA, sprayed the bottom with accelerator held for about a minute and works perfectly. Learned you have to make sure no squeeze out from CA as it will not wipe off like the other glue. I might use in another idea I have for a club night of scrolling. MTCowpoke22, JackJones, FrankEV and 10 others 13 Quote
Hudson River Rick Posted September 19 Posted September 19 @don in brooklin on Hi Don, great job on the candy tray. I was just wondering how wide it is at the largest part, it looks like you may have used pine for the project. Is it finished with paint or stain? Thanks for sharing. Rick Quote
don in brooklin on Posted September 20 Author Posted September 20 (edited) It is made with scrap pine. I get shelving at home depot 10 inches wide and you have work around the knots. This dish is 7 inches wide by 9 1/2 high. I used Saman green stain. Edited September 20 by don in brooklin on Jim McDonald, Hudson River Rick and barb.j.enders 2 1 Quote
MarieC Posted September 20 Posted September 20 Don, that is really nice. Is there anyway you can share your pattern. If it is okay, may I use it for one of my classes. I am retired from Woodcraft but they still want me to teach scroll sawing. Thanks so much! Quote
don in brooklin on Posted September 20 Author Posted September 20 Attached is both patterns. I did not cut the interior of the star as I wanted to keep it easy. If you don't understand how my process let me know. I am not sure if I will use in my normal beginner class or I might do a night doing trays. Pumpkin.pdf Christmas tree 2.pdf MarieC, Horseshoe, Hudson River Rick and 1 other 1 3 Quote
Hudson River Rick Posted September 21 Posted September 21 @ Don Thank you for your generosity once again Don. Rick Quote
MarieC Posted Wednesday at 04:37 PM Posted Wednesday at 04:37 PM Thanks Don, I believe I understand it. Thanks again! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.