Source for scroll saw plywood

This is such a basic question, that I'm almost embarrassed to ask it. I used to get all the nice plywood for my projects from Lowe's. But Lowe's has decided that wood craft is not worthy of their space. I got some fairly nice plywood from my local Woodcraft shop, but the finish is rough and selection is really limited. I want to start ordering my wood supply online, so I need your best recommendations. Thanks in advance.

I have heard a lot of good comments about this place.  I have not used them yet.  http://ocoochhardwoods.com/scroll_saw_lumber.php

Have you tied some local lumber yards.  Several in my area carry Baltic Birch plywood.  I even have bought some from an unfinished furniture store.

http://www.sloanswoodshop.com/

Here is a great place to purchase a lot of different items for scrolling. Always friendly, helpful, good quality and prompt service..

Dick

heppnerguy

This is such a basic question, that I'm almost embarrassed to ask it. I used to get all the nice plywood for my projects from Lowe's. But Lowe's has decided that wood craft is not worthy of their space. I got some fairly nice plywood from my local Woodcraft shop, but the finish is rough and selection is really limited. I want to start ordering my wood supply online, so I need your best recommendations. Thanks in advance.

I never bought new wood i have an abundant supply of ply thick and thin from cabinet shops.

Do a google search on "cabinet grade plywood in Folsom, CA".  I have gotten plywood from the Home Depot and Lowes and prefer it for the sides of cabinets where the edge doesn't show, but the wood they sell isn't really cabinet grade and has some voids.  Your cabinet shops may use cheaper plywood for the side of the cabinets, but anywhere the edge will show, they will use the Cabinet Grade/Baltic Birch.

Here is a good read that talks about this:  http://www.woodworkerssource.com/blog/woodworking-101/tips-tricks/your-ultimate-guide-to-baltic-birch-plywood-why-its-better-when-to-use-it/

Edited by hotshot

My instincts are to always recommend finding a local supplier.  Develop a relationship with them and it may open up opportunities for you not previously considered.  I know that in some regions of the country, this is not a viable option. 

A quick Google brought up a place called Hughes Hardwoods in Rancho Cordova.  Looks promising, perhaps worth a road trip to check them out?

Michaels and Joann both sell 1'x2' sections of BB Ply in their "wood craft" or "modeling" sections. I compared prices a while back and they were comparable to Rockler's prices (plus often have coupons) something to keep an eye on if you have one close to you.