"Re"-introduction? Hi from Alabama

hippygirl

Hello all! I joined several years ago, but I got discouraged and stepped away from my SS. I've recently decided to give it another go and, for SOME reason, I seem to be able to actually follow the lines now...go figure! :confused:

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and look forward to being part of the forum again!

Do we give refunds for returnee's. 

I probably joined during your away time.  There has been some really nice stuff made. Painting is a big step of progress. In general adding color have various methods.

Remind us what saw(s) you use, blades, etc...

These guys and gals here helped me get through my struggles, frustrations. 

Let the community help.

Welcome aboard once more.  I hope to see you continue in  your venture on your saw.  There have been a lot or  patterns added here lately so go check out what might be your new challenge. This is such a great place to hang out when you have the  time.  It feels like family here.

Dick

heppnerguy

21 hours ago, preprius said:

Do we give refunds for returnee's. 

I probably joined during your away time.  There has been some really nice stuff made. Painting is a big step of progress. In general adding color have various methods.

Remind us what saw(s) you use, blades, etc...

These guys and gals here helped me get through my struggles, frustrations. 

Let the community help.

Oh, my saw is just a Skil. I just got the WEN pinless blade holders and they're MUCH better than others I've tried (I no longer have to crank the bolt down almost to the point of stripping the threads OR my allen wrench!).

I have FD UR blades (sizes 3, 5, 7, and 9) and some Olson's I bought back when I first got my saw.

If this goes well, I plan to upgrade my saw at some point...we'll see.

Welcome!  I just joined so I am stumbling through scrolling and just made my first project (not too successfully) so I do get being discouraged.  Anyway,  I am asking questions from all these knowledgeable folks as I journey through this in hopes to be a better scroller.  Welcome back!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome back from The People's Republic of California. I look forward to seeing what you like to make. Pics are a must though or we won't believe you. Do you have anything you specialize in or are you still in the deciding phase. Me, I'm not into wall hangers. I like boxes, bowls and baskets. Things that have a purpose other than collecting dust. But to each his own. Please do keep us updated on your journey.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to suggest you get some #3 blades as you will find that they are easier to cut patterns with and you will have less    'fuzzies' to sand when you are through. Have fun and don't just to quickly into patterns that  look impossible for you to cut as doing the simple ones until you don't even have to guess where you are on the lines you are cutting and then move to something a little more challenging. That  way you will not be so discouraged.

Dick

heppnerguy

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2023 at 3:31 PM, OCtoolguy said:

Welcome back from The People's Republic of California. I look forward to seeing what you like to make. Pics are a must though or we won't believe you. Do you have anything you specialize in or are you still in the deciding phase. Me, I'm not into wall hangers. I like boxes, bowls and baskets. Things that have a purpose other than collecting dust. But to each his own. Please do keep us updated on your journey.

I'm with you 100% on that purposeful thing. Although, making things of beauty for beauty's sake has it's rewards.