my first Russ Beard Pattern

Looks great Dick, well done.
I am doing one of Russ's patterns at the moment but it will take some time because the hot weathers kicked in now even though we are now in autumn.

Marg

17 hours ago, Hawk said:

Very Nice, I really like the subject matter. 

That is what drew me to want to cut it.. great pattern

Dick

heppnerguy

15 hours ago, wombatie said:

Looks great Dick, well done.
I am doing one of Russ's patterns at the moment but it will take some time because the hot weathers kicked in now even though we are now in autumn.

Marg

This one took me some time too. I have a couple of neighbor friends visiting Australia right now. They are sending many photos and sights from there  Very beautiful country

3 hours ago, munzieb said:

Fantastic cutting! Love the fine details. Always a quality job.

After I was about to hang up my scrolling, and feeling unworthy to continue as I felt so much a failure cutting the 57 Chevy convertible, I have since learned to finally SLOW DOWN and thanks to you I am now enjoying tackling the complex fret and loving it.

Dick

heppnerguy

On 3/9/2024 at 11:34 AM, heppnerguy said:

After I was about to hang up my scrolling, and feeling unworthy to continue as I felt so much a failure cutting the 57 Chevy convertible, I have since learned to finally SLOW DOWN and thanks to you I am now enjoying tackling the complex fret and loving it.

Dick

heppnerguy

Dick, you should never hang up scrolling, you do such fantastic work....I think I missed your 57 Chevy...But this moose is wonderful...what a lot of fret work.  What type/size of blades did you use?  it doesn't look like those spiral ones were used.  Also I really like your frame with this  one.:)

On 3/11/2024 at 8:35 PM, MarieC said:

Dick, you should never hang up scrolling, you do such fantastic work....I think I missed your 57 Chevy...But this moose is wonderful...what a lot of fret work.  What type/size of blades did you use?  it doesn't look like those spiral ones were used.  Also I really like your frame with this  one.:)

On this one I used all spirals. I used the #1 and #3. I was going to use an inlaid frame but I was doing some other work at the time and  through away one section of it wihtout realizing it and did not have any matching wood to finish it so I made this quicky instead. It looks better than no frame at all, I guess.

Thanks for the nice words and compliments, I do appreciate them a lot.

Dick

heppnerguy