Members name;

hawkeye10

The easiest way is if everyone put their first name on a signature line at the bottom of their page, but that's not going to happen!

i don't think there is any other way without clicking on their profile page, and even then, they may not have their name listed.

Edited by dgman

42 minutes ago, dgman said:

The easiest way is if everyone put their first name on a signature line at the bottom of there page, but that's not going to happen!

i don't think there is any other way without clicking on their profile page, and even then, they may not have their name listed.

Dan you and I do that but most people don't. It looks like that could be put tin 

The previous version didn't work like that either.  You had to go to their profile to see their first name.  I think the best place to put it if you want it on your posts is to have it in your signature as others have suggested.  You can set up your signature in your Account Settings.

You don't have to call them "hey you" you can call them by their user name.  Some people just are private and that should be their choice, which it is.  But if they list it in their profile, and their profile is not blocked I don't see why they wouldn't put it in their signature.  Their choice.

10 hours ago, Scrappile said:

You don't have to call them "hey you" you can call them by their user name.  Some people just are private and that should be their choice, which it is.  But if they list it in their profile, and their profile is not blocked I don't see why they wouldn't put it in their signature.  Their choice.

Paul like Stoney said it doesn't have to be your real name. I have no idea if Al is your real name.

Using names makes all of us feel like we are friends.

Well, Christian, I certainly agree that some people want to stay anonymous, and that is their right.   I disagree that that is whole point of a forum.   In my opinion, the whole point of a forum is to have a place where people from all over the world that have like interests can gather and discuss and share.  Whether they are anonymous or not is of no consequence.

1 hour ago, Scrappile said:

Well, Christian, I certainly agree that some people want to stay anonymous, and that is their right.   I disagree that that is whole point of a forum.   In my opinion, the whole point of a forum is to have a place where people from all over the world that have like interests can gather and discuss and share.  Whether they are anonymous or not is of no consequence.

I totally agree with what you just said Scrappile and a place to share and discuss same Interest, You can do that Identified or anonymous.

Its a personnel preference. Not mine !

9 minutes ago, rdatelle said:

Well not to sound dub or anything but how do you get your name in there. I've been looking but can't seem to find how to do it. I would love to add my name

Iam in the same boat !

Although I did Just add a quote, just don't want to press buttons and mess the post up I guess

Oliver

Click on you username at the top right corner on  this page

In the drop down menu click "Settings"

On the left side of the screen that appears under "Overview" click "Signature"

Keyin what you want as a signature and save

And Travis can type faster than I can!!

Edited by Scrappile