Travis

giftsChallenge.png

This scroll saw challenge should be an easy one.  Share a pic of your scroll sawn gifts this Holiday season!  There's nothing more special than a handmade gift.  It could be a gift for family, friends, coworkers, or stuff you sell at Holiday craft shows!  While we love to see your projects, it's the stories behind the project that makes it special.  So tell us a little bit about it.

From your saw, to under the tree, I can't wait to see what you made this Holiday season.  :santa:

No this is not my idea. This topic came up a few times during the summer . I believe it was this thread that started things but I can not remember.

https://www.scrollsawvillage.com/forums/topic/32348-napkin-holder/?tab=comments#comment-361434

These were popular on some Russian sites and brought over here. I have been working with a couple people to get me some of the designs. Don in Brooklin, and Ivan Nikolaev, members here. If you do a search here you will see these threads about this type napkin holders. Others have created designs and joined in also. I have other ideas if these do take off and will work on them this winter. I have shown the back of these 2 to show you the simple way the napkins mount. These are 5 X 5 cocktail napkins folded in a triangle and slid in the wheel. These are patterns basically taken from some laser cut patterns found on etsy. 

Copy of Copy of IMGP0465.JPG

Copy of IMGP0475.JPG

23 hours ago, JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

No this is not my idea. This topic came up a few times during the summer . I believe it was this thread that started things but I can not remember.

https://www.scrollsawvillage.com/forums/topic/32348-napkin-holder/?tab=comments#comment-361434

These were popular on some Russian sites and brought over here. I have been working with a couple people to get me some of the designs. Don in Brooklin, and Ivan Nikolaev, members here. If you do a search here you will see these threads about this type napkin holders. Others have created designs and joined in also. I have other ideas if these do take off and will work on them this winter. I have shown the back of these 2 to show you the simple way the napkins mount. These are 5 X 5 cocktail napkins folded in a triangle and slid in the wheel. These are patterns basically taken from some laser cut patterns found on etsy. 

Copy of IMGP0475.JPG

Is the tree you design John?  Or could you tell me where you got the pattern from, I would love it for our Christmas table.

Marg

47 minutes ago, wombatie said:

Is the tree you design John?  Or could you tell me where you got the pattern from, I would love it for our Christmas table.

Marg

The tree is basically my design,  yes. All I did was find a basic Christmas tree on Pintrest and added the wheels to it. Those wheels were shown here before on a thread about napkin holders. I added a star to it.  I will see if I find it here. Used the same round base I did for the others and sized it according to the size napkins I used. I believe the 5 X 5 size is perfect for these things. You have my permission to do as you wish. 

I used the same rings that Don used for his Valentines day one. Open his PDF file and you will see them. I will be making that pattern too for next year. Did not have enough time this year.

https://www.scrollsawvillage.com/forums/topic/32576-my-napkin-holder-for-valentines/?tab=comments#comment-364291

Edited by JTTHECLOCKMAN

23 hours ago, JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

The tree is basically my design,  yes. All I did was find a basic Christmas tree on Pintrest and added the wheels to it. Those wheels were shown here before on a thread about napkin holders. I added a star to it.  I will see if I find it here. Used the same round base I did for the others and sized it according to the size napkins I used. I believe the 5 X 5 size is perfect for these things. You have my permission to do as you wish. 

I used the same rings that Don used for his Valentines day one. Open his PDF file and you will see them. I will be making that pattern too for next year. Did not have enough time this year.

https://www.scrollsawvillage.com/forums/topic/32576-my-napkin-holder-for-valentines/?tab=comments#comment-364291

Thanks John.  I printed the pattern and now I am in search of a tree.  ;)  Thanks again for the info.

Marg

On December 4, 2019 at 11:32 PM, JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

Copy of IMGP0475.JPG

Thank you!