Lockdown Projects - Scroll Saw Challenge

Travis

lockdown.pngThese are strange times, indeed.  Stay-at-home orders have been issued around the world as they try to wrangle this pandemic.  I had to get myself and my team to work remotely, which was no easy task.  Non-essential offices, stores, and services have shuttered their doors.  Now we're at home hunkering down with some time on our hands.  Luckily, as scrollers, we have no shortage of projects.  So, what have you been doing with your time at home?  Post your Lockdown Projects.  While we usually ask for scroll saw projects, I'm going to open this to whatever project you have going during your home quarantine.  Scroll saw project, home improvement, cooking, exercise....it don't matter.  Show off what you're working on.

Also, post a nice thing that happened to you this week.  I'd like to see some happy news.  :)

5 hours ago, Dave Monk said:

Since four of my shows have been canceled I have spent some time doing some things that I have wanted to do in a long time but have put off.

image.thumb.png.c53729ce9254b647954b00846a0400d6.pngI have a mini split heat pump in my shop for heating and cooling. It wasn't designed for a super dusty environment like my shop. It has a filter in it but not adequate.  When in use I had to blow it out every other day with my air compressor. Came up with this idea. The box hangs on a cleat for easy removal. I used foam around the bottom to seal it up.  Time will tell  how it works.

I also built this lumber rack on wheel which I desperately needed.

Lumber rack1.JPG

Lumber Rack2.JPG

The lumber rack is a terrific idea, I wish we had room for one.

Marg

On 4/7/2020 at 8:06 PM, Mark Jones said:

Well it's been the longest time I have been off work in 40 years.  Yet I have enjoyed scroll sawing my grandkids names out in walnut and maple laminated.  Finished up the resawing of Red Oak logs into lumber waxed the ends and stickered them.  Finished up 8 thresh holds with oak on floor coverings.  Cut out a Ranger Derby car.  Replaced 20 picket fence slats.  Washed the cargo trailer and have not visited a store, gas station or another building in 4 weeks.  WOW!   Posted a picture of the Bandsaw Resaw Sled.  I have 3 more 4' long logs to resaw sometime soon.  Will be glad when we get past this hunkering down.

20191006_102134.jpg

Impressive re-saw table!

On 4/6/2020 at 3:28 PM, RangerJay said:

A very humbling group of projects that everyone is doing.  I've departed from scrollsawing a bit and am on a major restoration and refinishing of all our old furniture - (started long before the coronovirus crisis started) - the project on the go now is our dining room set - it's claim to fame is that we purchased it as an "antique" at the beginning of our marriage - we married in 1973 and think the set was probably made somewhere around 1920 - 1930 (ish) - in our almost 50 years of marriage since we've added a whole lot more "patina" - and decades of family memories.  So far have the table is done - 3 chairs now on the go - all at different stages - after the chairs (6 of them) are done - then the hutch - and then manufacturing leaves for the table that disappeared long before we ever acquired the set.  This project has introduced me to the world of HVLP spraying - not a tool I have ever used before - and - so far - a tool that I am having a tough time mastering .....

The work so far .... (chairs and hutch not yet started in these pictures) .

Jay

(EDIT: not sure why my pictures aren't showing up properly - they seem to be changing format from a JPEG to a JFIF file on their own when I try to attach them - no idea why .... so if you can't see them you'll just have to imagine they look GREAT!!)

btvekHRDSt26vhsKWq3O1A.jpg

JNQzcMnGTmq49jDYDuE0aA.jpg

VDiqXLr2TW-uTYFrs50kag.jpg

inMtyp3XRXGPDKCwQuQEsA.jpg

very impressive. It look magnificent. It is perfection personified 

Dick

heppnerguy 

7 hours ago, Montserrat said:

I made an owl, from a photo I purchased.  Now that it's hanging on my wall, I notice more and more mistakes I made. Smh at myself. 

@meflick my daughter is also sewing masks  - so far she has donated more than 100 to charitable organizations who provide food to school children and to medical personnel. 

90997465_10219780193006652_5294700476938321920_o.jpg

Very nice. I have never done a parrot before now, but after seeing this one,,,,,who knows

Dick

heppnerguy