Where Is Everyone?

kmmcrafts

Seems like since Thanksgiving the activity here has hit the brakes... OH, I know now.. Still waiting in the checkout line for those Black Friday deals.. and those that made it through the line got home but they can't show their new tool purchases yet because it's for Christmas.. 😂🤣😂

I was wondering about that myself.  But then I realized that I have been checking the site but not posting, so I am guilty.

I have been doing other woodworking, but not so much scrolling as of late, cutting boards and turning bowls on the lathe.  

Hope all Villagers are doing well and getting ready for the holidays.  

Part of my morning routine is visiting here.  Have to post my Wordle attempts.  I have been cutting lots but don't show until they are finished.  Still working on the finishing.  Two weeks ago I cut 10 triangle puzzles, 5 of my cat puzzles, 2 climbing cat puzzles, 1 each of frogs, flamingos, sea creatures, dinosaurs, unicorn and a tiger.  Last week I got them sanded/shaped.  This week is finishing.  Yesterday was a hot mess with the airbrush.  Still trying to learn how to use properly🤪

Unfortunately what with Thanksgiving, the world cup and keeping up with all the stuff I need to do my scrollsaw has been redundant for a couple of weeks. I've checked in here but just browsed and not participated due to time restraints, I sure things will calm down soon and I'll be back at it ! 

Gotta admit I've been doing a lot of lurking recently and not much posting. As of today I'll be in the shop cranking out my final ornaments. That's after I finish plowing out the 10" of snow we've gotten the past 24 hours. Looks like a white Christmas this year.

Happy Holidays!

Jim

15 minutes ago, rjweb said:

Ok hi everyone, not much doing, cold here in Texas I don’t know what’s that all about but I don’t like it, RJ 

Hi 60's low 70's in So Cal. I actually turned my little heater on in my shop yesterday. I guess I'll have to put on long pants soon. Sad!

Edited by OCtoolguy

49 minutes ago, rjweb said:

Ok hi everyone, not much doing, cold here in Texas I don’t know what’s that all about but I don’t like it, RJ 

34 minutes ago, OCtoolguy said:

Hi 60's low 70's in So Cal. I actually turned my little heater on in my shop yesterday. I guess I'll have to put on long pants soon. Sad!

How cold is cold? Just took this photo of my small weather station thing. 28F outside 45F in my shop with my pellet stove running on low. 71F in the house and I’m about to go outside to cool off a little or put the fire out. 😂

D338230D-36BA-4AEA-941C-DF21E274AC45.jpeg

I never really post anymore, but do my "like" thing nearly every day

Since I am mostly making puzzles and the like these days, I figure everyone has pretty much seen them from others so need for me to bore anyone.

I do post when I have something not puzzle related though but that has become very rare these days

Anyway, still here, still doing our Saturday market and still working through puzzles, wall hangers and more ;)

Thanks for asking LOL

4 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

How cold is cold? Just took this photo of my small weather station thing. 28F outside 45F in my shop with my pellet stove running on low. 71F in the house and I’m about to go outside to cool off a little or put the fire out. 😂

D338230D-36BA-4AEA-941C-DF21E274AC45.jpeg

Note the humidity. It is at 99% shortly after it gets dark and doesn't come down below 90% until afternoon.  It's like that most of the year.  I don't think it is cold until the water starts freezing.

840835865_2022-11-3019_47_01.thumb.jpg.1ddef1d1798ef4a38c5e338ee3ce5e2a.jpg

@jbrowning Sorry to hear about the eye injury.. Hoping it's healing up well.

@OCtoolguy Those reindeer are cute, I'm not sure about making anything from hard maple though, Are you sure you're wanting to try that for real, LOL

@preprius I'd make a white elephant, 😂

@oldhudson We did get slammed with around 12" of snow but 2 days later it went back into the 50's and melted. Today just happen to go back to cold and very windy.. no snow though, I still need to put my snow removal equipment on my tractors.. 

@BadBob I could like those temps but that humidity though.. I'm not sure about that.LOL

@Oldmansbike That is a beautiful box!!

I've been really busy myself but been checking in every morning and evening but having seen a lot of activity happening. Finally today got caught up on some orders.. and hoping to work on some daughter-do's ( same as honey-do's but from my daughter, LOL ) she is always having me make something and usually last minute. Two years ago she handed me a picture and asked for a portrait that she wanted to give her boyfriends mom for Christmas.. and I got the picture on Christmas eve, LOL.. I managed to make it happen. This year I've got to make her a laser engrave cutting board. My laser is too small for the size she is wanting it to be but I have a laser attachment that came with my CNC router.. however I've never even tried it so this might be interesting experiment, LOL. Then just yesterday she informed me I was making a portrait for her boyfriends new truck he just got.. but they want it made from pine and 2ft long.. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do that one in time but she says if not his birthday is in Feb.. LOL

Still pop in every second day, too many appointments, scrolling and household duties.  🥱  Plus we had to go to a Black Friday sale because our vacuum blew up, it timed it just right.

Marg

Edited by wombatie

Have been flat out like a lizard drinking. It's the MAD season, especially at school with concerts, and end of year activities.
Have also had two cancer's hacked out over the past two weeks. One in my arm 12 stitches and on in my thigh, yesterday, 15 stitches.
Wear long sleeves, long strides and a broad brimmed hat, when outside at all times.

20 hours ago, OCtoolguy said:

I've been busy with many things not hobby related. But also when time permits working on Christmas gifts. I also decided to give the 3-D reindeer earrings a try so I've been chatting with Charley about how he does it. Here are my first two attempts out of mahogany. Gonna buy some hard maple today if I can find some.

@OCtoolguy The 3D reindeer are cute.  

The problem with hard maple:

I cut some toys (dinosaurs) for a niece but never could give them to her.  The hard maple cuts nicely but the cut edges are SHARP!  And impossible to sand satisfactorily.  I still have those lying around somewhere.  I could sand the outer edges with some (a lot) of effort, but never could get the inner edges.