How Long Do You Sit Behind The Scroll Saw?

Dan

I usually try to stand up and stretch after 10 - 15 minutes behind the scroll saw. Yesterday, I sat for over an hour and boy I needed to stretch. How about you? Do you stretch or do something else while scrolling to keep from getting fatigued?

How Long Do You Sit Behind The Scroll Saw?

Dunno, I have been scrollin' since the mid 1960's and have never sat down....stand only....until now!

Just got my NEW Excalibur EX-21 Thursday. I have it all set up and raring to go. It will be the first scroll saw I can actually sit down to do some scrollin'. My existing RBI 220VS is not suited to sit behind, I have stood behind it since 1994. That's a lot of standing. All the cheapie other scroll saws before the RBI I stood also.

Going to get started today and work on my 2 fretwork clocks. I'm in my 70's now and standing for long periods is not much fun. I have the front legs a little lower than the back on the Excalibur stand and it makes seeing my cut lines better, couldn't do that with the RBI unless I bought a new stand which just became available. Besides, I wanted a new toy anyway. I'm still planning on using the RBI, but I will keep it setup for outside cuts only which I use the 5 PGT blade or a FD to do.

I probably will spend more time on the EX-21 now since I can sit. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to sittin' and scrollin'.

Ben