Gifts - Scroll Saw Challenge

Travis

gifts.png

This month's scroll saw challenge should be an easy one.  Us scrollers can't resist making gifts for others.  :santa:  So this month's challenge is to  post a pic of a gift you made for Christmas.  Tell us who it's for, why they might like it, or a little story behind the project.  I always like the stories behind the cool projects y'all make.

Did a couple of these earlier this year, finally got the second one a home.  :)  We'd gotten our daughter some horse-riding lessons (in part to help with anger management, part to just get her out of the house and into the sunlight for a while!), so it just made sense.  Plus, my wife says I make her enough stuff during the year, she doesn't need anything more at Christmas time.  She'd prefer something more....sparkly.  LOL

20200705_220719.jpg

10 hours ago, RabidAlien said:

Did a couple of these earlier this year, finally got the second one a home.  :)  We'd gotten our daughter some horse-riding lessons (in part to help with anger management, part to just get her out of the house and into the sunlight for a while!), so it just made sense.  Plus, my wife says I make her enough stuff during the year, she doesn't need anything more at Christmas time.  She'd prefer something more....sparkly.  LOL

I've done this pattern before and I think you made a brilliant job of that and your daughter would be thrilled with it. Great cutting !!!

6 minutes ago, Foxfold said:

I've done this pattern before and I think you made a brilliant job of that and your daughter would be thrilled with it. Great cutting !!!

I did finish it up after this photo was taken, added some black tacks around the edge of the scrolled piece to help hold it in place and to make it look less like it was just glued on.

I got the tacks from Lowes, but they can be found at any hardware store.  https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hillman-2-oz-5-8-in-Black-Cut-Tack/3036042

20201121_172912.jpg

3 hours ago, scrollerpete said:

Made this for my nephew, he has to break it apart to get the $$$$. All layers have been glued together. I know you guys will call me mean Santa.

Great Idea !! I once put a £50 note in a glass frame with the title 'In Emergency Break Glass' and gave it to my God daughter for her 18th. 

7 hours ago, Foxfold said:

Brilliant idea, thank you. I'm off to order some !

I had considered some of these as well, but I hadn't planned on them in the first place so the border wasn't right.  I could have gotten the larger ones (had they had any in black) and just made little X's across the border, but the braces along the back of the piece weren't aligned with the border.  Or maybe I'm just overthinking things.  I'm happy with how it turned out.  :)

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Briscon-100-Count-Metal-Non-Insulated-Cable-Staples/999958577

Hi all, 

This idea came from several concepts I saw all over the net.  I am terrible at straight or smooth cuts. This is going to my grandaughter who takes music lessons.  I hope it gets her past traditional notes.  Multi notes are a better than black and white notes.   There is many problems with this piece.  Terrible matching thickness of lines. etc.  

Resized_20201212_140230.jpeg

Edited by preprius
add picture