malar Posted September 9 Posted September 9 I glued some 1/4" walnut together to do some stack cutting. Next day unclamped and set the wood down. I have for two days searched for that wood and can't find it anywhere! OCtoolguy, barb.j.enders, preprius and 1 other 2 2 Quote
preprius Posted September 9 Posted September 9 yep. mostly with my favorite ruler. tomsteve and OCtoolguy 2 Quote
jerry walters Posted September 10 Posted September 10 Yes, I do it too, but with screwdrivers. I have gone so far as to sit on the screwdriver, when I get up to get it, it's nowhere to be found. Jerry OCtoolguy 1 Quote
Aggie Posted September 10 Posted September 10 I do it all the time...... it happens when you get old OCtoolguy 1 Quote
TAIrving Posted September 10 Posted September 10 16 hours ago, malar said: I glued some 1/4" walnut together to do some stack cutting. Next day unclamped and set the wood down. I have for two days searched for that wood and can't find it anywhere! But can you find the clamps? OCtoolguy and tomsteve 2 Quote
tomsteve Posted September 10 Posted September 10 pencils. I do that with pencils. I like to help people in situations like this by saying," its gotta be around there somewhere." OCtoolguy 1 Quote
Roberta Moreton Posted September 10 Posted September 10 Definitely! I ask my husband to come find it for me. He walks over, picks it up, and says This? barb.j.enders and OCtoolguy 2 Quote
Wichman Posted September 10 Posted September 10 Speaking of "can't find an item", It's been so long since I've used my clothes iron I haven't a clue where it is; which leads to a strange scroll saw project: I need to use some iron on patches to repair the wallet pocket on a pair of fairly new jeans. I'm going to cut out a pocket liner from 1/8" masonite, place it in the pocket, use a heat gun to melt the adhesive, cover with a larger piece of masonite and apply weigh. Now if I can just find all the items... OCtoolguy 1 Quote
BrianA Posted September 10 Posted September 10 Look behind you OCtoolguy, TAIrving and tomsteve 1 2 Quote
malar Posted September 11 Author Posted September 11 Here's the plan. I knew when I told you about it I would walk right to. And it worked, found it about ten minutes later. Funny how things disappear at eye level. tomsteve, OCtoolguy and barb.j.enders 1 2 Quote
BadBob Posted September 12 Posted September 12 On 9/9/2026 at 3:43 PM, Mike Crosa said: Wish I had a shop that big. It doesn't have to be big. It just has to go underneath something. Mike Crosa and OCtoolguy 1 1 Quote
tim elett 1 Posted September 13 Posted September 13 Mom would always say.....well where did you put it! malar and OCtoolguy 1 1 Quote
rash_powder Posted Wednesday at 12:24 PM Posted Wednesday at 12:24 PM I once was working on a 1981 Honda CX500 Deluxe motorcycle I had years ago. Had to go to the bathroom or something in the house so set the chrome wrench I was using on the chrome luggage rack on the bike. Came back and could not find the wrench. Literally an hour later I found it. That said, whenever I stick pieces of wood together to stack cut I find that I have to use them right away or within maybe a day as they cup from having only one side exposed. Same with the shelf liner. Don't pre-work or the stock is ruined. OCtoolguy 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.