how many projects at once

tuner

Of course I do!  I have a stack of 4 pictures,  pattern attached to the wood and ready to meet the saw,  I am ready to sand parts and start assembling a wooden gear clock, sitting on my second saw is a 1/2 completed "Time Keeper" dragon that will not be a time keeper but instead of a clock will be holding a magic glass ball, I hope, I just received, yesterday a beautiful pattern on "The Last Supper", ordered the wood for it today, which my son requested, and after seeing the pattern, my wife "ordered" one also, she doesn't pay very well, my son bought me an M1A rifle and an FNS 9mm pistol, how could I refuse him...?  And I am loving every minute of it.

Right now I am set up in a small space, my saw and a desk as my work space.. I was just looking around and realized I had 4 projects going on at once, waiting for wood on one , some blades on another, glue to set up. Do you switch between on going projects or is it me just enjoying my hobby ?

i have trouble deciding which project i should do.I'm glad i don't have multiples going on as pieces get lost to easy here.

I have a couple of PHDs (Projects Half Done) at any one time.  Sometimes I just loose interest and move on and eventually come back to it.  Usually with Intarsia. 

I also start on Christmas early each year and I make a couple of proto types that await the bosses approval. 

The joys of being retired is not having a dead line. 

Of course I do!  I have a stack of 4 pictures,  pattern attached to the wood and ready to meet the saw,  I am ready to sand parts and start assembling a wooden gear clock, sitting on my second saw is a 1/2 completed "Time Keeper" dragon that will not be a time keeper but instead of a clock will be holding a magic glass ball, I hope, I just received, yesterday a beautiful pattern on "The Last Supper", ordered the wood for it today, which my son requested, and after seeing the pattern, my wife "ordered" one also, she doesn't pay very well, my son bought me an M1A rifle and an FNS 9mm pistol, how could I refuse him...?  And I am loving every minute of it.

FNS 9mm is nice. I have the same hand gun. I don't have a M1A rifle but I wish I did.

I will have several Intarsia projects going on in different stages all the time as well as Fretwork. Right now I have about 6 intarsia pieces cut and ready to shape (doing some of that this weekend). I have one Wildwood Clock design in process, about 4 intarsia pieces about half cut out and a toy truck ready for finishes. I depends on the mood I'm in on what I do in the shop. 

Right now I am set up in a small space, my saw and a desk as my work space.. I was just looking around and realized I had 4 projects going on at once, waiting for wood on one , some blades on another, glue to set up. Do you switch between on going projects or is it me just enjoying my hobby ?

I always have multiple projects going.... right now I have 9 clocks cut and in bins ready for sanding, staining, and assembly. I have two more clocks in the process of being cut. I also have two scenes about 1/2 done, a wolf scene and an old barn. and getting a jump on Christmas I have 3 sleighs ready for cutting.

and now I have 4 wood burning projects ready to start and 1 in progress. 

If or when I get bored with one piece I move to another and then come back to it later

Shoot, I have a stack of about 20 race tracks that need to be cut ou, about 10 wordart projects to cut out, not to mention all the dragons (yes I still have more dragons) to cut out, dog puzzles to cut, jigsaw puzzles to cut out and my large Santa Sleigh and Reindeer to finish up painting. I think that's all I have left.

I really need to find someone to support me so I can work in the shop all the time. :lol:

Jim

I have 4 projects going atm...a sign for the door to my 'wreck room', as my wife refers to it, 2 tattoo-style plaques and a fretwork tiger from SSWC magazine.  

The tiger needs a bit of a fix.  One of the bridges broke as I cut it. Not difficult to fix, but have to be 'living right' the day I tackle it.

Joe

looks like you opened a can of worms here with this post.everyone chimed in with their dire scrolling needs.

I've usually got a couple going. if I'm working on the lathe I've always got a scroll saw project going as well I work on it while waiting for glue or finish to dry on the turning project. I have 3 intarsia projects started and in various stages most times. As well as several turning things ready to go.I've always got several things ready whenever I get the urge to start something "new".