Finally, finally, FINALLY!

Scrappile

The original Photo. This was the hardest project I've ever done. I am not a designer, I'm only a pixel eater using MS 3D paint. Too old to learn newer software. Paul did  fantastic cutting. Something to be very proud of. It only took him so long to finish because he kept going back to playing his street organ, Ha!

Engine.jpg

Paul, That is amazing!  It looks like it is ready to move right out of the picture frame.  I can't believe the detail.  Excellent work...Now I hope you get to buy your new lawn mower and start mowing.  I see it has been quite warm down in your neck of the woods. :)....Also, to get those longer straight lines, did use a razor or something to score the wood before cutting it?

1 hour ago, MarieC said:

Paul, That is amazing!  It looks like it is ready to move right out of the picture frame.  I can't believe the detail.  Excellent work...Now I hope you get to buy your new lawn mower and start mowing.  I see it has been quite warm down in your neck of the woods. :)....Also, to get those longer straight lines, did use a razor or something to score the wood before cutting it?

Thanks Marie,  You know I have used the scoring method in the past and it really worked well...Never even thought about on the cutting when I needed it most... !  Where you with the reminder three months ago?!   I bought a used mower.  Only 40 hours on it.  Looks good but I probably got took.  I have not used it yet, want to do a 50 hour tune up on it first.

You guys amaze me. Both of you are so talented. Beautiful job on cutting and pattern making. Did you use spirals on them? I've just bought a batch of blades to cut a peacock lamp that Bernd was kind enough to share his pattern with me. I hope to get going again once my wife is back to her old self.

On 3/21/2024 at 8:21 AM, Scrappile said:

I finally completed this project.  I took me the longest of any project I have tried in my years of scrolling. Took two tries.  I wanted to make a picture of a modern diesel train engine for my nephew-in-law that is a conductor.  I could not find a pattern of one.  Talking to @munzieb one time I mentioned it to him, he told to send him a picture of what you want and he would make a pattern.  And he did, a real detailed pattern.   A beautiful pattern.. I worked on it, gave up once, then decided to try again.   I worked on this over a period of 4 or 5 months.  Bernd Would call every once in a while to see how I was doing.  I told him I was about to give up. I just could not scroll like I use to.  He said he would give it a try.  Two weeks latter he sends me his completed scrolled picture of it!  So the challenge was thrown down.  I had to quit whining and keep cutting.  Finally got there. Many, many thanks to Bernd for the coaching and encouragement.  Would never have finished it without it.  I still have to frame it.  The first picture is mine, the second is the one he cut and sent to me.  His was even more difficult than mine, his was a little smaller.

train  2.jpg

43152D9F-225E-4780-A0FB-C44AEAFF60F0.jpeg

I seriously think I am going to give this one a try also. After seeing the fabulous work you two do.....not sure if I am going to post mine when I finish it, but I am going to finish it.

Dick

heppnerguy

On 3/28/2024 at 10:44 AM, OCtoolguy said:

You guys amaze me. Both of you are so talented. Beautiful job on cutting and pattern making. Did you use spirals on them? I've just bought a batch of blades to cut a peacock lamp that Bernd was kind enough to share his pattern with me. I hope to get going again once my wife is back to her old self.

I only used spirals to increase the kerf of some lines after first cutting with a straight blade.