Latest Projects - Scroll Saw Challenge

Travis

On 9/11/2023 at 7:23 PM, rash_powder said:

I don’t know if this counts as a ‘latest scroll saw project’;  but it is a project and it is for my scroll saw.  

it’s a below-the-table dust pickup for my Hegner VS22.  All those Seyco, Excalibur, and Jet saws with the through the table pickups had me jealous, so I’m correcting it.  

i e to drill the hole through the dust port, and then hot glue it under the table.  There’s a pair of strengthening ribs under it this will fit between.  Then an adapter for my loc-line pipe and I get to try it out.  Hopefully it won’t be in the way too much.  If I don’t like it I can easily cut the hot glue loose and put it comes.  

it’s made from PVC pipe heated and flattened/shaped as needed.  No scroll saw was used, however.  All hand saws, chisels, heat gun, etc.  

if not allowed feel free to delete post!

IMG_7245.jpeg

Do you have a picture of that hooked up to your saw.  I don't quite understand how you did it.  

Lot of wonderful projects here that are very well done. 

Myself, Hmmm... I cannot really remember what my last project for the scroll saw is / was.. I'm probably going to have to remember how to use it the next time I get a scroll saw project to make. I've been very busy with the laser and have had some CNC projects I've done.. 

I do have a Sheila Landry design I want to cut for my Daughter if / when I get the chance too. It's a sign that says "wine me up and watch me go" with wine bottles on it.. But with fall coming and needing to get prepped for winter and building inventory for the holiday sales etc.. I may not get to that one this year. 

8 hours ago, glucas4 said:

This vase (pattern by Steve Good) was part of the meeting of the Scrollers Chapter of the Central Indiana Woodworkers. We used the flower pattern to test how polymer clays could enhance our scrolled projects. Other items, like keychains, could be use for clays. We learned the clay is very hard after it is baked. The best way is to insert the clay is from the back of the item and push it into the hole. We got a used toaster oven from Good Will that is used only for baking clays. Plus when pushing the clay in, we used a stone below the item to prevent any chemicals from the clay to leach out. You will notice, there is a slight bulge on the material after it is baked.

IMG_3161.JPG

Screenshot 09-25-2023 11.40.29.png

Will the clay sand flat after it is baked?

Nothing fancy here, but I have all my ducks in a row. I don't know how many little animal cutouts I have made over the years. Over a thousand, for sure. I learned how to use my first scroll saw to make animal cutouts. Kids love them, and so do some adults. All but two of these are cut from oak using #5 Pegas MGT blades. Two are salvaged mystery wood.

20230929-132755ToymakersShopQuackingDuckCutouts.thumb.jpg.d5974174d753afc9ed34f1d98c44fef0.jpg

17 hours ago, rafairchild2 said:

I have been so busy at work @ NATO SACT HQ, finishing up one project and starting another one, plus I have been working on my permanent dust collection system in my workshop the last two weekends.

Did a very easy project this AM.  I really love walnut and how it finishes with raw linseed oil.  The chocolaty color is yummy!

This is a flag holder and it is for one of the cleaning ladies at NATO SACT HQ.  I see her at 5:30 AM when I go from the 5th to the 3rd floor to get ice and filtered water.  Somehow when we were talking she mentioned needing a flag stand for her flags.  This actually holds three (3) flags.  So it will have the NATO Flag, the US (or any other country) Flag, and the HQ SACT Flag.

I like this design so much, I might crank out another one for my desk!!!  Perhaps making it a hair bigger 30-50%.

flag.jpg

Is there a pattern somewhere for this flag stand.

Jerry